Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    It's official. Disney is trying to take over the world. I really hope that they don't try and make Marvel "Kid Friendly". This also only makes it harder for the Deadpool movie to be a Deadpool movie. Disney also loves censorship..... Why Marvel, why?
    Watch me post "Disney Bought DC!" Later

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post
    Watch me post "Disney Bought DC!" Later
    See I could see Disney by DC. Those two I think could work fine together.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Disney wont fix what aint broken. But they will fund it. Which is why I believe this was a good move to get the movies produced, with the infinite depth of Disney's pockets, all the movies that were promised, will have a real chance at being made. Though, the aim is at a younger demographic so dont expect absolutely no compromises to the adult themes. Although, I hope it will be cleverly conveyed so that they dont have to play the "kid friendly" card.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Beer and Music
    :| I am shocked. prepare for g rated x-men comics, everywhere. "Hey magneto, we're gonna kick your toosh!" with smily faces everywhere.

Heard this last night, I got hit with the news out of the blue. Like WTF.

Not too sure if it is a bad thing yet, going to have to wait and see. As long as WD does not go at Marvel with a sledge hammer I think things could move along nicely.

Honestly, I could hardly care less for the movies, which is what Disney really cared about. Lots were half-a$$ed, anyway. What I care about is comics, and hopefully they won't touch that. If they did, that'd be real bad. I friggin hate Disney characters, and seeing the MU turning into Disneyworld is totally not on top of my list.
    Anyway, that was definitely one wtf moment. Wtf has Marvel to do with Disney?
    Last edited by Óðinn; 09-01-2009 at 11:29 AM.

I don't see any possible way that this CAN'T go horribly wrong. I could be talking out my arse here but from what i know of Disney they wouldn't risk losing their image of being THE most kid friendly business on the planet...

Yup, I know, when I saw this I was horrified. On the other hand, if they did it, I can see myself and millions of Marveltards take out their weapons and burn down Disneyland. Seriously though, Marvel comics have been doing fine in the last years, so from a financial standpoint, what Disney could do is close the least selling series, or the less lucrative ones, but a complete change of direction, especially now, with what happened in the last couple of years (Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign), seems unfavourable in the economics department, too. Now, do I think they can still pull a "Brand New Day" (btw, OMD and BND were the worst events of the last couple of years, though MC really challenged) on us (or at least me)? Sure they can, but I wouldn't bet on many people buying that kind of stuff for long.
    Then, this way they might attract kids (or may not, young kids prefer older people stuff), but kids don't have the amount of money adults are willing to spend on that.
    Finally, Quesada and Buckley and the people they brought in have helped relaunch Marvel in the last decade after years of crisis. So kicking them out doesn't seem wise.
    That's quite all, sorry for the rant.

Spider-Mickey, your friendly neighbourhood mouse with the ability to crawl inside walls and swing from cheese. God this will be akward.
    ಠ_ಠ

i dont know if its that bad of a thing. think of pirates of the caribbean, those movies were well made, and you wouldnt of known they are made from disney unless you knew before hand. lets just hope they dont eff it all up

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.