Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

console problems!

i made this thread because i have problems with some of my consoles, and because i think its a good thread, s ppl dont have to go around searing why they have a problem. just ask here and it should get answered.

my problem: my ps3 is being really weird. one day i turn on my ps3 and the screen is blank. its on the right chanel and the hsmi cable is in. i thought it might have been the hdmi cable. so i buy a new one. still i have the same problem. blank screen. i thought it might be the tv (well i have a 1080p monitor). so i put it on my aunty's hdtv, and it works perfeclty fine, with both cables. so i thought it must be the monitor fault. so i connect my computer to the monitor through the hdmi cables. and that works perfectly fine. so i dont know what the problem is. its not the ps3. its not the hdmi cables. its not the monitor.

please help me. im clueless?!?!?!

ive had the ps3 and monitor for about a year.
    it worked perfectly fine up until now

How do you know it's not the PS3 itself?

Was the tv you were playing your PS3 on was the tv you always played it on. Because if your switch from lets say a 720p tv to a 1080p to tv you have to reset the PS3 to that setting. If that's not the problem then something is really wrong with your console. But don't worry if you have the money PS3 Slim comes out in about a week.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

because. i tried the ps3 on a differnt tv and it still worked. and i tried my cmputer on the monitor and that worked. so how can it be the ps3. the hdmi prot still works.

Quote Originally Posted by *|antec|* View Post
    because. i tried the ps3 on a differnt tv and it still worked. and i tried my cmputer on the monitor and that worked. so how can it be the ps3. the hdmi prot still works.
    Wait did you reset your PS3 after you unplugged from your computer monitor.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden82 View Post
    Was the tv you were playing your PS3 on was the tv you always played it on. Because if your switch from lets say a 720p tv to a 1080p to tv you have to reset the PS3 to that setting. If that's not the problem then something is really wrong with your console. But don't worry if you have the money PS3 Slim comes out in about a week.
    ps3 slim comes out in 2 days. also. yes i know about that, you have yo change the settings. ive tried all of that. so yes my ps3 is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden82 View Post
    Wait did you reset your PS3 after you unplugged from your computer monitor.
    yes yes yes.

Well there has to be something wrong with your tv. Maybe there something wrong with that tv's hdmi ports.

nope. cos i connected my computer to it through the hdmi cable (ports) and it works.

edit: well i think i am the most fail guy in the world. i was just messing around with the monitor to check if i can do some last minute thing to make it work. took out the power plug and put it back in and wa hey! IT WORKS!

thanks for everybodys help!

this thread doesnt need to go to graveyard. its still useful, for other people.
    Last edited by *|antec|*; 08-29-2009 at 01:59 AM.

it could be the specific tv. maybe you can call wherever you got the tv from?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.