Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    @ HB I was waiting for you to make it, I'll be borrowing that thank you.

Edit: Or not lol... too large.

Quote Originally Posted by BWORMKING View Post
    man....idont condone hitting females.......but....sometimes bitches need to learn the hard way to shut the fuck up
    Lol, tell me about it.
    LeggoMyWebbo

Quote Originally Posted by [CiTo] View Post
    @ HB I was waiting for you to make it, I'll be borrowing that thank you.

Edit: Or not lol... too large.
    I'll resize it tomorrow. Right now I have some Dragon Ball Kai episodes to download.

Quote Originally Posted by Comcast
    WASHINGTON — A Northwest Airlines passenger from Nigeria, who said he was acting on al-Qaida's instructions, tried to blow up the plane Friday as it was landing in Detroit, law enforcement and national security officials said.

Passengers subdued the man and may have prevented him from detonating the explosives, the officials said.

"We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism," a White House official said.

Federal officials imposed stricter screening measures after the incident.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., ranking GOP member of the House Homeland Security Committee, identified the suspect as Abdul Mudallad, a Nigerian. King said the flight began in Nigeria and went through Amsterdam en route to Detroit. There were 278 passengers aboard the Airbus 330.

There was nothing out of the ordinary until the flight was on final approach to Detroit, said Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory. That is when the pilot declared an emergency and landed without incident shortly thereafter, Cory said in an e-mail message. The plane landed at 11:51 a.m. EST.

One of the U.S. intelligence officials said the explosive device was a mix of powder and liquid. It failed when the passenger tried to detonate it.

The passenger was being questioned Friday evening. An intelligence source said the Nigerian passenger was being held and treated in an Ann Arbor, Mich., hospital.

All the sources spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing.

One law enforcement source said the man claimed to have been instructed by al-Qaida to detonate the plane over U.S. soil.

The official said an official determination of a terrorist act would have to come from the attorney general.

The official added that additional security measures are being taken without raising the airline threat level.

The official declined to describe what additional measures law enforcement was taking.

The White House was coordinating briefings for the president through the Homeland Security Department, the Transportation Security Administration and the FBI.

A law enforcement source said the explosives may have been strapped to the man's body but investigators weren't immediately certain, partly because of the struggle with other passengers.

One passenger from the flight was taken to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, hospital spokeswoman Tracy Justice said. She didn't know the person's condition, or whether the person was a man or woman. She referred all inquiries to the FBI.

Passenger Syed Jafri, a U.S. citizen who had flown from the United Arab Emirates, said the incident occurred during the plane's descent. Jafri said he was seated three rows behind the passenger and said he saw a glow, and noticed a smoke smell. Then, he said, "a young man behind me jumped on him."

"Next thing you know, there was a lot of panic," he said.

Rich Griffith, a passenger from Pontiac, said he was seated too far in the back to see what had happened. But he said he didn't mind being detained on the plane for several hours. "It's frustrating if you don't want to keep your country safe," he said. "We can't have what's going on everywhere else happening here."

President Barack Obama was notified of the incident and discussed it with security officials, the White House said. It said he is monitoring the situation and receiving regular updates from his vacation spot in Hawaii.

J.P. Karas, 55, of Wyandotte, Mich., said he was driving down a road near the airport and saw a Delta jet at the end of the runway, surrounded by police cars, an ambulance, a bus and some TV trucks.

"I don't ever recall seeing a plane on that runway ever before and I pass by there frequently," he said.

Karas said it was difficult to tell what was going on, but it looked like the front wheel was off the runway.

"We encourage those with future travel plans to stay in touch with their airline and to visit http://www.tsa.gov/ for updates," Homeland Security Department said in a statement.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has been briefed on the incident and is closely monitoring the situation.

The department encouraged travelers to be observant and aware of their surroundings and report any suspicious behavior to law enforcement officials.

___

Jakes reported from Baghdad, Iraq. Randi Berris and Jim Irwin in West Bloomfield, Mich., and Devlin Barrett, Shelley Adler and Joan Lowy in Washington, and Philip Elliott in Oahu, Hawaii, contributed to this report.

The Pilot was Quick on thinking but it was more lucky that the guy failed

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

Decidedly Undecided
    Wow, talk about luck.

So, who else knows that Brittany Murphy died a few days ago?

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post
    Epic failure just screams poser to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    A lot of people do, there's a thread about it.

Decidedly Undecided
    Damn, rly? Why am I the only one who JUST found out?!?!?! She was one of my fave actresses ever!!!

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Wow, talk about luck.

I found out the sunday she died.

"We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism," a White House official said.
    Really? Are you sure that this was a terrorist attack?
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

"Truth"
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post

Family of airplane suspect had raised concerns about him

As a person of Nigerian extraction, I feel like this story deserves its own thread. The more I read about this guy, the more I see a trend with Young Muslims who suddenly change their lives, become radicalized, and try kill as many people as they Can.

It is a damn shame that Muslims and People in the "Islamic World" have nothing to say about this trend, their silence is trully deafening. One has to wonder What is it about Islam, that enable Pious Adherents to do Monstrous things, yet secures the Silence of Rank and file Muslims?

I see no such Radicalization, or inclination toward Mass Murders afflicting (youth) any other group/groups on the planet.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

LOL there is like 4 Muslims here that would discuss that. You can give it a try but religion is a taboo topic on forums.