Happy Ramadan!!!

Yes, it's Ramadan here in North America where I live Ramadan has finnally begun, today Augest 22, 2009 and will last until September 20, 2009.

The month of Ramadan is a great month. It is the month in which Allah revealed the Quran as a guidance for the whole of mankind. It is the month in which Allah gave the Muslims victory in their first and greatest battle at Badr. It is the month which has Laylat al-Qadr, a night which is better than a thousand months.

In Ramadan the gates of heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are shut, and the shayaateen (devils) are tied up and the reward for good deeds, acts of charity and acts of worship are multiplied in this month.

Enjoy your Ramadan.

/me grabs a bag of chips.

former mod
    Edit: I still dislike the general tone of this thread, and the idea that MS may become a religious platform is... awful, but I guess kuroihikari was right and I'm just getting paranoid...
    Just, keep it more general and neutral next time, like I said in that pm, I don't mind if it's a "Happy Hanukkah", "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Ramadan" kind of message, maybe with a wiki link to explain the reason of celebration...

Meh, on-topic - I knew what the ramadan stands for and stuff, but my muslim colleagues never went around saying: happy ramadan to each other, it's more of a private holiday, isn't it?
    Last edited by zidane21ps; 08-23-2009 at 07:57 AM.

no not really.. its more public.. Ramadan Mubarak to you too mate.

^^ credit goes to ChukoLiang

Quote Originally Posted by zidane21ps View Post
    Meh, on-topic - I knew what the ramadan stands for and stuff, but my muslim colleagues never went around saying: happy ramadan to each other, it's more of a private holiday, isn't it?
    Not really, it actually brings alot of families closer by eating together with family members alot more then usual. I'm sure your colleagues said it to eachother whne you werent there or something.