Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,896

    Caster Semenya..Boy or Girl

    This post is for musing alone. There is no Humor, no sublimity, acrimony, and no opinions sought. This is however NEWS. Sometimes I find something interesting and I wish to share it with others.

    Read the story here: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...13-401,00.html
    OR
    Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyc..._by_storm.html

    A Female Athlete from South Africa, Caster Semenya is surrounded by controversy over her gender. Her competitors say she has to be a man, but her mother and grandmother swear that she's a girl. Caster definitely looks male, and her athletic performance suggests that she might be.








    According to BBC world service, the Athetics body has said it will take up to a month to officially determine her true gender.

    Interesting.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Light-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,375
    Well, maybe she took some sort of hormones, to strengthen her body, and thus looks so masculine?

    But it surprises me, that it will take so long to determine her gender. Couldn't they just let some physician look at her and then confirm whether she is a woman?

    EDIT: But she looks very masculine, though.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

  3. #3
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    Well, maybe she took some sort of hormones, to strengthen her body, and thus looks so masculine?

    But it surprises me, that it will take so long to determine her gender. Couldn't they just let some physician look at her and then confirm whether she is a woman?

    EDIT: But she looks very masculine, though.
    I think "Male" or "Female" goes beyong external Gen. I believe they want to see her DNA and her Chromosomes.;

    See the deal is that if she has Male chromosomes, but looks female externally, it still won't be fair to regular girls.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  4. #4
    Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,457
    She's definitely not the first one to show strong male characteristics, however, the media has been making bit of a fuss over this then usual in which suggests something is up (Or down if you may). If the testing is done and show that Castor is indeed a woman, I suspect that she is a rare case of those who get too much naturally occurring testosterone and not enough estrogen. When this happens, more male and less female traits emerge... The unfortunate issue is that being in the public eye draws a considerable amount of negative attention. I can't imagine the embarrassment shes being put through.

  5. #5
    Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    JAC Street - Gintama FC; Boredom Plains
    Posts
    5,667
    ^ I agree. I hate that this has become a media fest. Testing should have been done privately. She's not the first athlete who's gender has been questioned.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

  6. #6
    King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    soul society, New York (buffalo -_-)
    Posts
    2,119
    MAN!!!!!! the losers are just some hatin asses who decided to do this cause they got they're asses smoked in the race
    (

    avatar and sig made by kyosuke
    I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

    THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

  7. #7
    Veteran Member tatsukai1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    hawaii
    Posts
    1,494
    her external characteristics looks male. but i'll wait till the genetic testing confirm it.

    made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

  8. #8
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,896
    Quote Originally Posted by BWORMKING View Post
    MAN!!!!!! the losers are just some hatin asses who decided to do this cause they got they're asses smoked in the race
    LOL, You are probably right. She could be the female version of Usain Bolt.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #9
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    This post is for musing alone. There is no Humor, no sublimity, acrimony, and no opinions sought. This is however NEWS. Sometimes I find something interesting and I wish to share it with others.

    Read the story here: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...13-401,00.html
    OR
    Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyc..._by_storm.html

    A Female Athlete from South Africa, Caster Semenya is surrounded by controversy over her gender. Her competitors say she has to be a man, but her mother and grandmother swear that she's a girl. Caster definitely looks male, and her athletic performance suggests that she might be.








    According to BBC world service, the Athetics body has said it will take up to a month to officially determine her true gender.

    Interesting.
    Dey jus be tryin to keep da black man down.

    But in all seriousness, no one can determine 100% the gender of someone soley based on superficials. But people are gonna inflate this story just to sell their shitty articles and try to build up their own credibility. Im extremely curious why no one is scrutinizing the competitors for being butthurt losers making these serious accusations to circumvent their shameful defeat.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

  10. #10
    Weapon X Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jolly ol' England
    Posts
    2,351
    Its a dude, you need to remember that the athletics federation, athletes, other athletic bodies look into things like this week in week out. Due to this you could say they have an eye for this kind of thing.

    The majority of people only watch the athletics once the Olympics or world championships are on. If the athletes feel that there is something that does not feel or look right they have every right to voice their concerns.

    Just because they did, does not mean that the athletic bodies will look into it straight away, they themselves where concerned and deciding how to look into this.

    Its a dude and we'll all see conclusive proof once the test come back but by then the majority of people would have moved on and forgotten about the athletics til the next big event.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •