Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Class?

Captains could pop up from no where. I mean Urahara was only a third seat, and fairly unknown, yet he pawned hardcore. Even the then vice captain soi fon was surprised that he was stronger than her. What I'm saying is that if Kubo ever goes to giving someone a rank of captain anywhere in the future, it'll most likely be someone we havn't seen, that is unless he does a time jump

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Captains could pop up from no where. I mean Urahara was only a third seat, and fairly unknown, yet he pawned hardcore. Even the then vice captain soi fon was surprised that he was stronger than her. What I'm saying is that if Kubo ever goes to giving someone a rank of captain anywhere in the future, it'll most likely be someone we havn't seen, that is unless he does a time jump
    The reason why Urahara was unknown is that he was working for the Onmitsukidō. The higher level seats of the Gotei 13 are pretty well known. So, unless the captain comes from the Onmitsukidō, the kidou corps or is straight from the academy, I think that they'd pretty much have to be well known to the Gotei 13, which means somebody that we've seen.

Veteran Member What Is My Name?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    you forgot that urahara was able to get a bankai, and probably an amazing one. ikkaku and renji's bankais are nowhere near captain level, and the other VCs probably don't even have bankais. Ichigo (if he is allowed) would be the best candidate for a captain

Quote Originally Posted by What Is My Name? View Post
    you forgot that urahara was able to get a bankai, and probably an amazing one. ikkaku and renji's bankais are nowhere near captain level, and the other VCs probably don't even have bankais. Ichigo (if he is allowed) would be the best candidate for a captain
    I, for some weird reason, this Urahara's Bankai isn't going to be all that impressive, I think he will just be able to use it soooo efficiently and pull off these amazing combos and attacks with it that no one would be able to beat him, idk imo.

I think Renji though would be the best choice for a captain. Ikkaku is too stubborn, selfish, and idiotic when it comes to missions and fighting, he totally blew it with the fight with Pow. He can't stop thinking like a 3rd seat and thats why he only fights for himself and doesn't care if he dies because he doesn't put any value on his worth to the division, if he changed this and started thinking about the division and about making sure that Karakura doesn't get blown up and not about having a "good fight" then he'd be great material for a captain.

Renji though seems to think more about the mission, knows proper protocol, and cares for his subordinates and division as well as SS. He might lack strength when it comes to fighting and skill in kidou, but he is pretty good at getting the job done and can be a little smart/tactical when it comes to fighting. I think in 10 more years of Bankai training he will be significantly stronger and better at using it. All I hope he gets now is to use his Bankai's fangs to bite people and inject poison!!!
    A pie in the sky?

wow u have good points this thread came out better then i thought

but anyways yea i think that renji does think out of the box who ever said that when he was fighting that espada he tied himself up with him w/his zabimaru and used a kidou spell no one else would have thought of that and he does need more experince with his bankai and for who ever said that he couldnt beat the arrancar 12 or 13 he beat them easily the only reason he was getting beat was cause he was only fighting with 1/3 of his true power when the limit was lifted he killed him with ease

ikkaku is very arrogent and all that good stuff but if u think about it he is just another kenpachi but with a bankai i mean he has experince and he's teached before he has power raw power at that and he has very good fighting skills he would be a good canidate for a replacement for kenpachi.

and about urahara's bankai i think it is a killer no fighting intended i think it might be a killer kido based attack i think this cause he said his bankai was not suitable for training someone and that means it would probably kill him if he uses it
    "i will protect u with my life, i will not allow my comrads to die... trust me"

Quote Originally Posted by sharingan360 View Post
    Hmm, i would like more development in both physically and mentally before suggesting a captain.
    I agree, I see some potential captains, but no one seems fit to be a captain right now.
    "Once the threads of fate are tangled, they cannot be undone" R.I.P Kikyou

Initiate
    To be honest I think Hinamori is a better candidate than Renji. She has displayed brains recently, as well as serious balls in the past. I think all she really needs is more experience and control of her emotions to be a captain. And a Bankai of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    To be honest I think Hinamori is a better candidate than Renji. She has displayed brains recently, as well as serious balls in the past. I think all she really needs is more experience and control of her emotions to be a captain. And a Bankai of course.
    Hinamori is too subordinate.. She's not commanding enough to be a captain at present.

IMO, Rukia should be VC for Division 13, but she's no where near strong enough for Captain.

I could see Renji and perhaps Ikkaku becoming Captains relatively soon, as long as Ikkaku gets over his whole "I want to die under him" mentality.

also remember what squard they have to be in.
    If ikkaku should be captain then i don't think it would be in other squard than the 11th, and no chance for him to beat Kenpachi, not even with his bankai.

maybe Renji would suit for a Captain but which Squarq? He have his inner fire that tells him to beat Byakuya...

my best choice for a comming captain would be Kira since he is Vice Captain of a squard without a captain, which means that every day he needs to learn more responsibility, because he have to be like a Captain for his squard, and Hisagi the same. Also they both need a bankai ofcourse

Rukia should be a Vice captain i agree and don't know why she isn't.

Iba's shikai is cool, but he also needs a bankai.

Quote Originally Posted by copyninja101 View Post
    wow u have good points this thread came out better then i thought

but anyways yea i think that renji does think out of the box who ever said that when he was fighting that espada he tied himself up with him w/his zabimaru and used a kidou spell no one else would have thought of that and he does need more experince with his bankai and for who ever said that he couldnt beat the arrancar 12 or 13 he beat them easily the only reason he was getting beat was cause he was only fighting with 1/3 of his true power when the limit was lifted he killed him with ease

ikkaku is very arrogent and all that good stuff but if u think about it he is just another kenpachi but with a bankai i mean he has experince and he's teached before he has power raw power at that and he has very good fighting skills he would be a good canidate for a replacement for kenpachi.

and about urahara's bankai i think it is a killer no fighting intended i think it might be a killer kido based attack i think this cause he said his bankai was not suitable for training someone and that means it would probably kill him if he uses it
    In that fight, Renji said that if he hadn't caugth that arrancar off guard, he might not have won. It was that close. Not to meantion the fact that his bankai got pawned by Byakuga's Level 33 spell. Also, his suicide spell on that espada hardly did anything other than burn some clothes. In other words, his reiatsu is still too weak.
    Rukia isn't VC because of Byakuga. All the people recommended so far need a lot of training before they can even come close to captain class.