Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Class?

Lightbulb Captain Class?

this thread is a debate on who is at captain level and who is strong,smart and has enough experince to be a captain and if someone that is a captain shouldn't be whatever u can think of even the vizards being a capt (the ones that wasn't before) what do u think and consider all

something to get u started

ikkaku with his bankai he is very strong
    renji he learned bankai and is very heart strong
    hisagi is strong and is a leader type
    tell me what do u think
    "i will protect u with my life, i will not allow my comrads to die... trust me"

Bleach ...

Rukia Kuchiki
    Izuru Kira
    Renji Abarai
    Tetsuzaemon Iba
    Ikkaku Madarame

The power level is not the only requirement to become a captain.
    Ikkaku, as mentioned by him, will not leave his squad, because he wants to fight under Zaraki, which is understandable Kenpachi rules.
    Guess the same applies for Renji, since he's going with Ichigo like Rukia does, becoming a captain, more responsibilities and stuff to do, doesn't really fit him.

To the other guys:
    Tetsuzaemon Iba
    Ikkaku Madarame
    Izuru Kira

They're going to be the next captains in my opinion since they're strong enough, matured and determined, atleast that's the impression I got from them.

Renji may be on his way. But in all honesty Renji sucks, I mean so far he's proved pretty useless. Even with his Bankai he can't seem to make a difference lmao. Ikkaku seems like the most likely candidate but I want to see how strong he really is. I mean he needed his Bankai to defeat the 12th or 13th Arrancar?? And even then he barely escaped with his life. To me he should have easily beaten that Arrancar. I just want to see him fight more and what he's capable of.
    "Once the threads of fate are tangled, they cannot be undone" R.I.P Kikyou

Hmm, i would like more development in both physically and mentally before suggesting a captain.

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

Nope none of them, well, not the most supported. But why?

Ikkaku, has power but no leadership skills and even thou reckless and irresponsable while defending the dimension pocket monoliths from Barragan's fraction.

Renji, has also power, courage,and he is even more a team player, but he has no tactic brains, he can't see out side the box and will attack the same way until is exausted or too wounded to continue, summing up not very adaptable.

Hisagui is a good leader, but does not add much to the equation.

Tetsuzaemon, seems to have the same problem as Hisagui

Rukia, is a good figther but, she's too young unexperienced and emotional, and makes bad decisions, which will make her a dangerous or unwise leader.

The best candidate from the vice captains whom had seen action is Izuru Kira, he still needs to develop a Bankai (I see foward for this). He had demostrated to be an excellent leader, extremely responsable and protective with his squad (specially in the anime), he is superiorly skilled in kido than the others mentioned (even more than Rukia or at least the same) and has a very cold mind to adress combat tactical situations. I know Kira is not very popular because of his taciturn personality and because he is not bold and flashy, but he's deadly efficent.

Quote Originally Posted by zokotroco View Post
    Nope none of them, well, not the most supported. But why?

Ikkaku, has power but no leadership skills and even thou reckless and irresponsable while defending the dimension pocket monoliths from Barragan's fraction.

Renji, has also power, courage,and he is even more a team player, but he has no tactic brains, he can't see out side the box and will attack the same way until is exausted or too wounded to continue, summing up not very adaptable.

Hisagui is a good leader, but does not add much to the equation.

Tetsuzaemon, seems to have the same problem as Hisagui

Rukia, is a good figther but, she's too young unexperienced and emotional, and makes bad decisions, which will make her a dangerous or unwise leader.

The best candidate from the vice captains whom had seen action is Izuru Kira, he still needs to develop a Bankai (I see foward for this). He had demostrated to be an excellent leader, extremely responsable and protective with his squad (specially in the anime), he is superiorly skilled in kido than the others mentioned (even more than Rukia or at least the same) and has a very cold mind to adress combat tactical situations. I know Kira is not very popular because of his taciturn personality and because he is not bold and flashy, but he's deadly efficent.
    I agree to most of your points.

Hisagi has been taking care of his squad in place of ichimaru for a while already. In terms of abilities, he seems equal to that of Kira, same goes for Iba. But there's no doubt that they are only vice captain level. I mean, Kira, Iba and Hisagi can use a variety of spells but can only use shikai. The amount of damage they can do isn't great, because of their limited reiatsu. I mean Yamamoto easily poked a hole in that huge arrancar, while the rest failed so easily.

As for Ikkaku and Renji, sure they got bankai, and can do mass damage, but their skills in controlling their bankai are far from perfect. Their also hot heads, and can't use kido preficently. Even the strenght of their bankai is questionable. Althought their both strenght based, Byakuga easily forced Renji's bankai back with a lvl 33 spell. Ikkaka, as meantioned, only just defeated an arrancar with his full power bankai. For strength based bankais to be weak, and the users unable to do anything but fight relying on strength, captain level? yeah right.

As for Rukia, she's even further off. If SS is that desperate for a captain, their better off having Rukia and Ichigo team up, like the vice captains of 13th squad. Some power, some range, some smarts. Thought they'll still be lacking.

If Renji, Hisagi, and Kira can't become Captains, then no one should be able to. What do they make people Vice-captains for if they didn't think these guys could lead a squad in their Captains' places? As far as I'm concerned, Renji is one up on everybody else by having a Bankai. All he needs to do is pass some tests and he's in. All Hisagi and Kira need is a Bankai. After that, I'm pretty sure they could take on a Captain position if they wanted to.

THE ESPADA WILL RISE E S P A D A's Avatar
    Renji Abarai has progressed in both fighting techniques and has being training with together with other captains and vice captains through the new series and it seems that he has improved from his previous fights. He deserves to get the roll as a captain in the future.
    The time has come to destroy the village of the leaf.

When a vice captain can surpass a captain, then he is worthy... I do not see any of them as worthy at this stage. Only chance they would get to become captain is if someone died or went to zero squad.