View Poll Results: Should we get forum wide announcements upon important changes?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea, I didnt even know there was a rules thread

0 0%
  • Unnecessary, I often check the rules thread.

0 0%
  • Good Idea, I still check the rules thread often

0 0%
  • Unnecessary, just do your best to avoid penalties

0 0%
  • Good Idea, I may miss something one day

0 0%
  • Unnecessary, it's everyone's own responsibility to keep up.

0 0%
  • Good Idea, cant expect over 4000+ members to readily keep up with every change.

0 0%
  • Unnecessary, I have no further comment.

0 0%
  • Good Idea, I usually only check a rules thread once to be acquainted with a forum.

0 0%
  • Good Idea, also admins should not be allowed to insert sigs. This is power tripping.

1 100.00%

Thread: Thread Locked

Banned

Thread Locked

NOTE: I tried to post this suggestion in the "feedback/suggestion/complaints" forum but it said i was not allowed to post there. Not sure if this is an error, because if defies the very purpose of no one can post there. Any how...

AS OF TUESDAY AUGUST 28th, 3:39AM

THIS IS THE NUMBER OF USERS CURRENTLY REGISTERED

Does anyone else see a problem here? Or am I alone in this...

I want everyone to take a look at this sillyness which I found childish and annoying. (I dislike ppl who power trip)

PROPS TO WHOMEVER HANDS OUT THESE VERY GEY N RETARDED "I BREAK RULES" SIGS BUT LET ME POINT OUT.....

Do not exceed 500x200 pixels with your signature image.
    I ALREADY HAD AN INFRACTION FOR MY SIG BEFORE AND THIS IS WHAT BLUD TOLD ME

NOTICE 600 X 200, CHECK MY PMS IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME, THIS IS THE IMAGE IN QUESTION

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 595x200.

I'VE HAD THIS SIG FOR WEEKS NOW. 595 X 200, WHICH I RESIZED ACCORDING TO WHAT BLUD TOLD ME. NOW PUTTING A STUPID 5 YEAR OLD RAINBOW DRAWING IN MY SIG TO PROVE YOUR POINT IS AS IMMATURE AS ME PUTTING ALL THIS ON MY SIG TO PROVE MINE. NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ADDRESS IT PROPERLY LIKE A MAN. IF THE RULES CHANGED I DONT MIND RESIZING BUT YOU WALKING PASSED POWER ABUSE BOUNDARIES WHEN U GO THAT FAR. LET EVERYONE BE A WITNESS I HAD MY SIG FOR AGES NO PROBLEM
    READ THE FINE PRINT: I hope we understand each other, I have a new image handy with the proper size soon as the previous infraction is removed on the grounds that an Admin told me a diff size req or till one of you decides to erase all this and call it even.

So yeah I broke the 'rule' because the rule changed without my knowing, or simply Blud made a mistake when he told me that it was 600 x 200 a couple weeks ago. I dont recall seeing an announcement saying that the sig sizes were changed either.

Honestly how many members of any forum look into the "Rules" thread daily?

We got lives you know. If the rules change there SHOULD be an announcement that will be visible to everyone. I've been admin in many forums and this is just common sense, if its that important an announcement should be made.

In any case I just ask that the infraction be removed and we call it even, because I was "following rules" as far as I knew.

However if you can have 50% of the members of these forum CO-Sign that yes they check the 'rules' thread on a daily basis, heck a monthly basis even. Then i'll humbly apologize for my stupidity in not realizing i should do this same as everyone else. But i dont think that even 5% of the normal members will say that they do this.

Woofcat edit
    Everyone else managed to move over. The rules where changed over 20 days ago.

Signature Guidelines

* Do not exceed 500x200 pixels with your signature image.
    * Only use the [img] tag twice in your signature
    * Keep it under 1500 characters of text.
    * Remember that a signature is not your MySpace blog, your diary, or a story of your life. It's a good place to show off your signature image, and list your websites, fanclubs, releases, things you're reading etc.
    * If your signature is taking up too much space, uses distracting colors or is offensive in wording or imagery it may be removed at the mod's discretion.
    * WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADD OUR OWN IMAGE TO YOUR SIG AT OUR LEISURE. ??

Link To Original Thread:
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/sho...8074#post28074

P.S. This is a serious thread for a SUGGESTION for a change on the way things are handled in regards to the forum rules as I showed out of 4000+ members only 700 views isn't enough to claim 'most people too note of the rule changes' in fact it proves quite the opposite. This is a good thread to see what the rest of the members feel even if no changes are made.
    Last edited by K-oz; 08-28-2007 at 08:09 AM.

The change was highlighted in the forum changelog thread, as well as the rules thread. A generous grace period was given to all members to switch over if they were above 500px. Everybody knows where the rules are, it's at the top of the forum for crying out loud - if they choose not to read it then they will face the consequences of their actions through the infraction system if they happen to violate any of them. Most of the rules are plain common sense though, if you see your sig destroying the site layout, have a little common courtesy for the other members and size it down.

I agree that whichever mod put that sig in was wrong in doing so and that will be dealt with. This thread is not necessary, it could have been easily handled via PM to me. I'm locking it.

PS: I'll take a look at being unable to create threads in the feedback forum when I have time.