PSP - Custom Firmware

I'm currently using M33 5.00 M33-6

What do you guys use? Do you have a fat, a slim or a psp 3000?

What homebrew do you recommend? What definitions do you use?

Also, CSO vs. ISO vs. DAX, what do you prefer?

Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

Set made by Ravona

3.50GEN-B, which is needed for the latest games. It looks like Team M33 stopped developing custom firmware. :/ ISO x CSO x DAX is not a choice of preference, CSO simply has the highest compression rate. Some games might slow down a bit on certain occasions, but not so horribly that it actually becomes bothersome.

I'm on 5.00 M33-6 too, had no problems playing new games yet (Idol Master SP games worked after the PPF patches) :x

I always uncompress CSO files back to ISO, Like Mass said, things can slow down, sound quality can be awfull too.
    Project Diva compressed to CSO is fukken terrible, sound crackles, frame rate goes haywire, you can't play it when it's like that.

I suppose CSO is handy if you don't have much memory, but I just buy another Pro Duo when memory is running short :1

Beer and Music
    i dont know where to ask this, since this is a psp thread, ill ask here

how does the psp 3000 look??
    and is there going to be another psp that will look entirely different?
    i searched some pics but i dont know if they are fan made or concepts

the psp 3000 isn't much different from the 2000, only the screen is supposed to be brighter. and you cant really hack it. well you can sort of with chicken-hen, but i prefer m33.
    i have a psp 2000 with 5.50 gen-a. i upgraded from 5.00 m33-6 because i wanted to play psn demoes, i.e. english dissidia demo

original psp (psp 1000 or phat psp) best for homebrew, easiest to hack
    Spoiler!

psp 2000 (psp slim & lite, the one i currently own)easy to hack, can't run homebrew written for 1.5, unless you use time machine. way lighter than original.
    Spoiler!

psp 3000 (psp bright?) hard to hack, but not impossible. don't get if you have the choice of getting the psp 2000. some modified button designs and umd tray designs.
    Spoiler!

psp go ( no umd drive, everything is flash memory) so far, unhackable
    Spoiler!

if you wanna pirate games, get the psp 2000. if you really like to homebrew, get the 1000. avoid the go and 3000

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by tatsukai1990 View Post
    the psp 3000 isn't much different from the 2000, only the screen is supposed to be brighter. and you cant really hack it. well you can sort of with chicken-hen, but i prefer m33.
    i have a psp 2000 with 5.50 gen-a. i upgraded from 5.00 m33-6 because i wanted to play psn demoes, i.e. english dissidia demo

original psp (psp 1000 or phat psp) best for homebrew, easiest to hack
    Spoiler!

psp 2000 (psp slim & lite, the one i currently own)easy to hack, can't run homebrew written for 1.5, unless you use time machine. way lighter than original.
    Spoiler!

psp 3000 (psp bright?) hard to hack, but not impossible. don't get if you have the choice of getting the psp 2000. some modified button designs and umd tray designs.
    Spoiler!

psp go ( no umd drive, everything is flash memory) so far, unhackable
    Spoiler!

if you wanna pirate games, get the psp 2000. if you really like to homebrew, get the 1000. avoid the go and 3000
    wow is that really the new one?? when does it come out? if so how much so i can go buy it..it looks EPIC!

i own both psp-1000 and psp-2000 (recent upgrade because i found it at a good price mint condition). Running both at 5.00 m33-6 atm and will probably work to 5.50gen soon when the fall games come out. ( Little big planet and dissidia) cant wait for those games. As mentioned b4 cso is smaller and saves space but it does get a bit laggy at some areas (still bearable of course). i highly would not recommend the psp 3000.... as mentioned it is hackable but its very limited. To top it off theres a screen defect with it so boo on that. as for the psp go.... ill wait and see how that product fairs.... before considering on buying it...

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I find that some games run with the M33 driver works better than if it ran with the PS9600 or the normal one(there's one other I forgot), and vice versa. I think it also depends on the games extension also.

At Gamecrazy, they're selling used/refurbed psp phats for $70. But goodluck finding any.
    I prefer the phat, because imo it feels better in my hands. And whenever it drops on the floor, I dont get suicidal/homocidal over it.(unlike my friend's slim which broke after one fall from arms legnth).

I use 5.00 M33-4 on ChickHEN R2 homebrew enabled PSP Phat.

Funny thing though with my friends pandora battery (he needed to unbrick a psp he got for free, after he broke aforesaid slim psp). It leaked battery acid all over the fuses and whatnots on the pcb. He picked it up and he touched it, and his fingers started burning.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

no 5.55 cfw in sight, which kinda sucks cause i have a feeling that dissidia will require it.
    i might actually have to purchase a psp game.
    woot...

oh and @ juice, the psp go comes out october 1st, and since sony is marketing it as a "high end" psp, its going to go for 249, which i think i stupid because the ps3 is now only 299.

wtf

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round