Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 709
  1. #501
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,943
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    The nice thing is, that applies to both Hinata and Sakura . The only difference is that one asserts what she wants, while the other gives and gives. I'm pretty sure one of those isn't healthy.
    Who asserts and who gives, it might depend on the context, might it not?

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #502
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,433
    I just don't want people downplaying Sakura's sensitivity towards Naruto just because of the comic relief scenes that people may or may not find funny. There are plenty of scenes that show the depth of Sakura's concern for Naruto, and I've said it before in this thread. She and Hinata both have an understanding of Naruto, but they see different sides of him.

    I think that Sakura has seen even more of Naruto's greatness after the meeting with Sasuke.

    I definitely don't see a problem with Hinata's supposed "obsession" with Naruto... she's a little meek, but it's not unhealthy. The main basis of her respect/admiration/love for Naruto was the fact that he inspired her to be stronger and more honest with herself. In a sense, Naruto did the same for Sakura; she complains about how she's always depending on him, and it's led her to improve greatly. Pretty sure she'll be in for another power-up soon, just to illustrate that.

    In most manga I've read, typically, the girl who has the "admiration, respect" type of love loses out to the one who didn't like the guy from the start, but grows to love him. That's called character development, and it helps to make things less predictable. However, we haven't even seen Naruto respond to Hinata's confession. Maybe it'll happen within the next few chapters, since Naruto's back in Konoha, and all, but maybe not.

  3. #503
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Who asserts and who gives, it might depend on the context, might it not?
    I was gonna say I'm pretty sure only one of them has never asserted what she ever wanted, but after careful thought I realize that yeah, you've got a point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I definitely don't see a problem with Hinata's supposed "obsession" with Naruto... she's a little meek, but it's not unhealthy.
    It's definitely unhealthy. It's a fact. She literally got near pointlessly killed because of it. I like the rest of your post, though.

  4. #504
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,943
    In retrospect, Sakura's attempt on Sasuke was at least as futile/comical as Hinata taking on Pain. Sasuke had just about flattened the Capitol of the Samurais, and taken on Two Kages. Of course she didn't know about Danzou yet.

    Hinata at least succeeded (protected Naruto however luckily that turned out to be), whereas Sakura failed (in killing Sasuke), and had to be rescued by Naruto. Both were selfish, both were acting from desperation of a sort.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  5. #505
    Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    In retrospect, Sakura's attempt on Sasuke was at least as futile/comical as Hinata taking on Pain. Sasuke had just about flattened the Capitol of the Samurais, and taken on Two Kages. Of course she didn't know about Danzou yet.

    Hinata at least succeeded (protected Naruto however luckily that turned out to be), whereas Sakura failed (in killing Sasuke), and had to be rescued by Naruto. Both were selfish, both were acting from desperation of a sort.
    You're right.. they are both desperate, but Sakura is the most desperate one. Sakura is in a climax of; do I still love Sasuke or is Naruto the man that I've been waiting for? Hinata is very down to earth and I think that even if she won't have Naruto in the end, she will always have a crush for him.

    Naruto has always been from day 1 Hinata's inspiration for not giving up, follow your dreams.. on the other hand; Naruto was never any kind of inspiration for Sakura untill she got the " talk to the hand, because sasuke ain't listening "

    After their last confrontation.. I can't see that Sasuke is going to end up with Sakura in the end. I mean; he tried to stab her ( though he was losing his eye-sight and probably didn't know who it was,.. pure reflex )

    So I hope that Kishimoto decides which one deserves Naruto the most.. and I'm still going for Hinata. I feel like Sakura deserves to get punished for how she acted against Naruto in the beginning.. calling him always stupid and only going to the HOT SHOT Sasuke without knowing how he really is from the inside. Sakura deserves to be " lonely " in the end of the manga, just like Tsunade.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

  6. #506
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    In retrospect, Sakura's attempt on Sasuke was at least as futile/comical as Hinata taking on Pain. Sasuke had just about flattened the Capitol of the Samurais, and taken on Two Kages. Of course she didn't know about Danzou yet.

    Hinata at least succeeded (protected Naruto however luckily that turned out to be), whereas Sakura failed (in killing Sasuke), and had to be rescued by Naruto. Both were selfish, both were acting from desperation of a sort.
    We're talking about love triangle, right? Because Sakura was trying to kill Sasuke for the village's sake, after deliberation with her colleagues, not doing it in order to fulfill her need to express her feelings of undying love, whether they exist or not. As such, there is no comparison with Hinata's utterly foolish and selfish personal quest for emotional redemption.

  7. #507
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,943
    I am not writting Sasuke off yet because ine of the Premises of this Manga is Naruto's amazing ability tosave and turn people around. As Naruto keeps saying, how can he be hokage if he can't even save a friend?

    I think that saving a friend idea is hogwash, but I'm certain Kishi has Sasuke's salvation in mind. The way I see it happening is for Sasuke to pay some heavy price for his sins, but to redeem himself by helping Naruto in some pivotal way. Unlike Nagato, I think that Kishimoto intends to give the Uchiha a second chance, and that will be part of the breaking the chain of hatred. If I am right, then Ssakura and Sasuke still have a future...possibly.


    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    We're talking about love triangle, right? Because Sakura was trying to kill Sasuke for the village's sake, after deliberation with her colleagues, not doing it in order to fulfill her need to express her feelings of undying love, whether they exist or not. As such, there is no comparison with Hinata's utterly foolish and selfish personal quest for emotional redemption.
    What she did to her colleagues (after the trusted her)was very Selfish and Very Emotional. Not respectful of them as Ninjas. She Gased them to sleep, and went after Sasuke on her own. Even Kakashi thought it was signing her own death warrant.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  8. #508
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    What she did to her colleagues (after the trusted her)was very Selfish and Very Emotional. Not respectful of them as Ninjas. She Gased them to sleep, and went after Sasuke on her own. Even Kakashi thought it was signing her own death warrant.
    It doesn't change the fact that it was still a decision they collectively came to as a group. Which still makes it much less selfish than Hinata's suicide attempt, and with little to no relevance at all to the love triangle that is the topic of this thread.

  9. #509
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,943
    Yeah, we should stay on topic...signing off!

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  10. #510
    Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I am not writting Sasuke off yet because ine of the Premises of this Manga is Naruto's amazing ability tosave and turn people around. As Naruto keeps saying, how can he be hokage if he can't even save a friend?

    I think that saving a friend idea is hogwash, but I'm certain Kishi has Sasuke's salvation in mind. The way I see it happening is for Sasuke to pay some heavy price for his sins, but to redeem himself by helping Naruto in some pivotal way. Unlike Nagato, I think that Kishimoto intends to give the Uchiha a second chance, and that will be part of the breaking the chain of hatred. If I am right, then Ssakura and Sasuke still have a future...possibly.
    Agreed Paul.. I've always believed that Sasuke is going to redeem himself, but I got angry when I was writing about Sakura. you know, she pisses me off lately, don't know why.. but she's been crying for 400 chapter now. After her showdown agains Sasori, I thought that Sakura would develop her skills very fast, but she didn't.

    I have to go with my assumption that I made about Naruto / Sasuke / Sakura:

    - when Naruto and Sasuke have fought eachother, they will re-unite and fight Madara. Sasuke will sacrifice himself ( with somekind of doujutsu ) bcause he thinks that's the only way for beating Madara and he deserves to get punished for hurting Naruto / Sakura etc.. all this time. ( redeeming himself )

    Sasuke's sacrifice will fail.. Madara is still alive. Sakura has learned a similiar jutsu like Grandma Chiyo in the up-coming timeskip by Tsunade OR created one by herself. Sakura is gonna shorten her lifespan by brining sasuke back to life. This way Sasuke and Sakura are going to get together.
    ( sasuke has only ONE EYE left, because he destroyed his EYE by making that sacrifice Doujutsu )

    Naruto didn't noticed that Sasuke is alive, bcause he went rampage and final showdown is between Naruto in Kyuubi Nine tailed cloak + Sage Mode.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •