Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I get into both these mangas?

I've read a couple of chapters from these mangas, and found them to be pretty good. I would like to start to try and catch up with them, but I think that I have plenty of catching up to do with the other mangas I'm reading. If you think that I should get into either of these mangas, can you please give me a few reasons why? Thanks!

Mangas I'm reading: Gantz, Bleach, One piece, Psyren, Change 123, Eye shield 21, Naruto, and Reborn!

You won't find a new One Piece in Fairy Tail, and Katekyo Hitman Reborn is just good because of its originality, but they're like the second row of the shonen situation right now.

In Fairy Tail you will find kind of a plotless manga, but with awesome drawing (the artist just keeps getting better and better), good fights and, of course, One Piece-like humor and jokes. You won't find any big adventure, but the sagas are fine. It's a bit boring if you don't throw yourself into every arc story; but if you love shonen mangas, it's a good option after the big ones from Jump.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn shines for himself because of it's unique art and story. Never a mafia story had so much action and so many battles. It's surprising how the story evolve from a simple guy who finds out he's a boss to new arcs where mafia groups fight together in wars. Sometimes it feels like the artist just put some new stuff that was not initially planned into the story, but like Fairy Tail, you will only enjoy it if you're really into the story (KHR plots are more elaborated than FT's).

For me, Fairy Tail> Katekyo Hitman reborn. Even though the art style for Fairy Tail is similar, it is a different plot and it's funny.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Fairy Tail I recommend you pick up and read at your leisure.

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Fairy Tail is a yes, to pick up. Reborn! is so-so. Reborn!'s story only accelerates after around 100-150 chapters and only gets weirder by the chapter, after that. It also turns from mainly comedy to mainly action, after those 100-150 chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Zero View Post
    Fairy Tail is a yes, to pick up. Reborn! is so-so. Reborn!'s story only accelerates after around 100-150 chapters and only gets weirder by the chapter, after that. It also turns from mainly comedy to mainly action, after those 100-150 chapters.
    100-150? It really gets more shounen-like after about chapter 60... Once Mukuro is in the picture, Tsuna's family is almost always under threat of attack.

i think if you read one piece already, theres not much point in reading fairy tail (which i have read but dropped after 60 or so chapters)
    - though i`m slightly biased. - slightly.

since i think that hiro mashima is just using the popularity of one piece to increase the popularity of fairy tail, by drawing in a similar style.
    and also that many people are saying that it`s similar to one piece...
    or worse, when they say how one piece is similar to fairy tail

reborn you should def start tho., it`s funny at first abd gets more intense or action-y, while still being funny.

Thanks a lot guys! This helped me a ton

Mangas I'm reading: Gantz, Bleach, One piece, Psyren, Change 123, Eye shield 21, Naruto, and Reborn!

Quote Originally Posted by swoodles View Post
    i think if you read one piece already, theres not much point in reading fairy tail (which i have read but dropped after 60 or so chapters)
    - though i`m slightly biased. - slightly.

since i think that hiro mashima is just using the popularity of one piece to increase the popularity of fairy tail, by drawing in a similar style.
    and also that many people are saying that it`s similar to one piece...
    or worse, when they say how one piece is similar to fairy tail
    Alternatively, you can look at the consistent styles in Mashima's former works (Rave Master, Monster Hunter Orage) and history (He and Oda were both Watsuki Nobuhiro's assistants), and make a more educated, fair and informed guess that he and Oda worked together and thus they have similar styles.

I´d say read both.

In my oppinion reborn is great and the story has a nice swing to it that you won't see in other manga's. It's pretty original and keeps things intriguing. The powers and diversity have a nice ring to it. I'd recommend this for sure. But don't let yourself be turned off by the first 50-60 chapters, it gets better after that.

Fairytail has nice art and some of the best character profiles. I like the whole mageguild idea and the different powers. It's a pretty laid-back manga that's easy to enjoy on the short run. Although... you'll probably be VERY dissappointed with fairytail on the longrun, like i am. It's the one manga that surpises me the most since it has such awesome art and characterprofiles, yet the story SUCKS as hell. And i'm seriously saying it's part of the worst stuff i've read.(and i read a lot) Can't believe the mangaka is so clueless on that but can make up such great characterprofiles. Total mystery.

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman