Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68
  1. #31
    Nosce te ipsum Faizaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Err, he's not. It's just theorized by some, and the theory itself has several holes in it.

    Also, stop assuming that the Royal Guard are on an awesome 10 times stronger level than normal captains; we don't know how strong they are. Plus, if they've seen Aizen's shikai, it's game over regardless. He can manipulate even their sensing of reiatsu, because he puts them under complete HYPNOSIS, not illusions.

    EDIT
    Blergh, old thread is old, I realized I just posted the same refutation twice... oh well.
    Yea, I dunno why most people assume that the Royal Guard are 10x stronger than the Gotei 13. They're from the Gotei 13 in the first place. It's my understanding that they're basically just the elite Captains, who have exceptional skills and tactical knowledge.

  2. #32
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    969
    Yeah I don't think the royal guard are going to be a bunch of yama-jis on steroids running around raping stuff all day. I would think that they are on average more on the level of say Byakuya or Shunsui, and prolly only replace members as needed, meaning that it could be possible for any current "elite" captain to be chosen if necessary.

  3. #33
    Senior Member drgnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    529
    Inside Ichigo! All hail king Hichigo!
    Squad Zero is Ichigo's parents.

    We really don't know the size of squad zero.
    Just because it consists of former captains doesn't mean they are all still alive in it, could just mean traditionally. Also does not mean all or even a lot of captains get promoted.

    But, maybe Hichigo and Zangetsu are the first line of defense and the other members are somewhere else.

    Maybe...!!!!
    Spoiler!

  4. #34
    Nosce te ipsum Faizaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    Inside Ichigo! All hail king Hichigo!
    Squad Zero is Ichigo's parents.

    We really don't know the size of squad zero.
    Just because it consists of former captains doesn't mean they are all still alive in it, could just mean traditionally. Also does not mean all or even a lot of captains get promoted.

    But, maybe Hichigo and Zangetsu are the first line of defense and the other members are somewhere else.

    Maybe...!!!!
    I wish I had a silly imagination like that.

  5. #35
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,845
    Maybe Squad Zero is called Squad Zero because there actually isnt any squad at all.

    But really, I think this Hikifune character will be explored a bit and may be linked to aizen and his motives.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

  6. #36
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    Maybe Squad Zero is called Squad Zero because there actually isnt any squad at all.

    But really, I think this Hikifune character will be explored a bit and may be linked to aizen and his motives.
    Possibly, but Kubo must STOP creating new characters and start killing off his current ones. Every character receives so little development at this point it's painful, because he must split the attention-span between so many.

    I mean, there are plenty of interesting things I would like to get to know better, most obvious is Isshin/Ryuken, who they are and their relationship to each other. Matsumoto's and Gin's possible love relationship, how will that effect the end? Tatsuki's and Karin's new ability to actually see souls; this obviously can have interesting effects on their relationship with Ichigo. Hey, even such a character as Keigo can be interesting to explore in this regard. Plenty of good stuff UP THERE, so no, the least thing I want now is more characters introduced (obviously baddies have to be though).
    Avatar and signature by me.

  7. #37
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    969
    Yeah I agree...kill off Chad(cuz kubo hates mexicans anyways), fat Orihime with her hax skills, Renji(just for dramatic effect), Ukitake(because he is sickly and will prolly die anyway), Yama-ji and his no name lackey(so ther can be a new CC), keep Hiyori dead, and by all means keep the dead espadas dead. I think this would free up a considerable amount of plot space occupied by useless and boring side stories for some introduction of new supporting characters with new storylines.

  8. #38
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    I disagree with all 37 post in this thread. Soul King realm is where they kill off Captains to progress the story. Thats why this manga has been in a standstill for so long because we know Kubo will never kill off any Captain on an actual page.

  9. #39
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I disagree with all 37 post in this thread. Soul King realm is where they kill off Captains to progress the story. Thats why this manga has been in a standstill for so long because we know Kubo will never kill off any Captain on an actual page.
    So you're not really disagreeing with my post. Basically we agree people gotta go to make plot room to move the story along. I really don't care who dies but there needs to be a lot of dying and it needs to happen soon!

  10. #40
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    So you're not really disagreeing with my post. Basically we agree people gotta go to make plot room to move the story along. I really don't care who dies but there needs to be a lot of dying and it needs to happen soon!
    Oh...yea. I guess we are in an agreement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •