Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Death Note

Hybrid View

A Death Note

I was just wondering, what would you people do if you had your hands on a Death Note?

Are you as ambitious as Light and would try to use it for power? Would you be petty and just erase your enemies? Would you kill the fbi's top 10 most wanted criminal's as a vigilante for justice?

It poses an interesting dilema because a death note doesn't make you invulnerable at all ( it's not like you're goku and no one can kill you ) but it does make you powerful as fuck.
    And then there's the fact that although you're probably no Yagami Light, i assume there aren't any L's out there who would get you should you not be monumentally retarded.

Personally, i probably wouldn't have the balls to use it with all the side effects it apparently brings, and my conscious probably wouldn't allow it either.

Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

Set made by Ravona

id change my name to something nobody could think of then id sell it

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

And then the guy you sold it to gets caught for being retarded and it gets traced back to you

Not to mention the kind of people who would buy it would probably off you instead of paying for it

And just where would you sell it? Ebay?

Yes, i see no plot holes in that brilliant plan of yours

Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

Set made by Ravona

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    And then the guy you sold it to gets caught for being retarded and it gets traced back to you

Not to mention the kind of people who would buy it would probably off you instead of paying for it

And just where would you sell it? Ebay?

Yes, i see no plot holes in that brilliant plan of yours
    i wouldnt sell it to a retard. he'll probably write something like "in case this gets lost, please send to..and then he'll put his name in the death note. id sell it to the president of america or something..he'd put it too good use

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Open up my high school year books and start writing. After knowing it was real I would hand it to my commanding officer so that the US Military could use it to take down all that threaten freedom.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Open up my high school year books and start writing. After knowing it was real I would hand it to my commanding officer so that the US Military could use it to take down all that threaten freedom.
    You really have that much confidence in the system?

Quote Originally Posted by Aribelle View Post
    I'd forfeit the use of the Death Note. I could never bring myself to use it, and having something like that in my possession would just be a burden.
    You mean destroy it? Or leave it to someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by S-ClassNinja_Rich View Post
    i would burn it. I like everyone else would get drunk with power and start using if for my own selfish reasons. "Oh so my boss skipped me over for the promotion will ill teach him(writes his name down), Oh so my wife is going to take me for everything i got(writes her name down) Oh so the director gave my part to someone else(write his name down)"

So stupid stuff like that will start to happen specially if there where more than 10 all around the world
    I would applaud that decision, but absolute power corrupts absolutely, so you never know. Look at Light's case

Set made by Ravona

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    You mean destroy it? Or leave it to someone else?
    I'm about to sound like a huge Death Note freak but...I'm okay with that

But when you get the death note it comes with a shinigami, and you have the option to forfeit your use of the thing and the shinigami takes it back and you lose all your memories of ever having it. That would be my preference.

If in your scenario we just come across a death note ONLY - with nothing else attached - then I'd destroy it.

a.k.a Action Bastard Bushido Brown's Avatar
    i would burn it. I like everyone else would get drunk with power and start using if for my own selfish reasons. "Oh so my boss skipped me over for the promotion will ill teach him(writes his name down), Oh so my wife is going to take me for everything i got(writes her name down) Oh so the director gave my part to someone else(write his name down)"

So stupid stuff like that will start to happen specially if there where more than 10 all around the world

I'd forfeit the use of the Death Note. I could never bring myself to use it, and having something like that in my possession would just be a burden.

A death note with nothing else isn't a possibility ( i think... )

And i had forgotten about that factor.
    I might keep it, somehow having my memories just erased like that freaks me out

Set made by Ravona