Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Beer and Music

Ozzy Osbourne Parts Ways With Zakk Wylde

Ozzy Osbourne has revealed in a recent interview with Classic Rock Magazine that he has, for the time being, parted ways with guitarist Zakk Wylde in order to pursue a new guitarist and a new sound.

"Well, I’m getting a new guitar player as we speak and everyone has been saying to me for a long time, ‘Get Johnny 5 (the guitarist best known for his work with Marylyn Manson and Rob Zombie)’," says Osbourne. "I tried him at one time and I didn’t really give him a chance. We’ll see, I don’t know. I haven’t fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk’s got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like Black Label Society. I just felt like I wanted a change, y’know?"

"I’ve got a guy from Greece coming in – not the musical, the country of Greece – but I’m not going to say too much about it, cos I don’t know myself at this point," he adds. "I’ve got a new album, I’m working on it as we speak. I’ve got a studio at my house and I’ve got a guy called Kevin Churko, the guy that [produced] the last album – he’s great to work with."

Whether this marks the end of Wylde’s career with Osbourne is still up in the air. After all, this isn’t the first time the singer has worked with other guitarists since hiring Wylde in 1987. Ozzy has also made it very clear in the interview that there were no hard feelings between the two and that he just wants to try something different. But what about the material Zakk has already recorded for Ozzy’s upcoming album?

"Oh yeah. Zakk came down and did a bunch of stuff and I don’t know if I want to use it but I’ve got it there if I do," Osbourne says. "And this Kevin Churko is a bit of an all-rounder so I’m getting back to basics in some respects. One thing about a guy who can’t do all the finger-tapping stuff is that he plays better on the riffs cos it’s not all [hums riff for Iron Man followed by over-the-top widdling]."

Even though his work with Ozzy Osbourne may have been cut short, Wylde will still remain busy as his band Black Label Society is about to embark on their "Pedal To The Metal Tour 2009" which will hit cities all across the United States later this month and into September. The full list of dates can be seen at the band’s website. The band is also said to be working on a follow-up to 2006’s "Shot To Hell."

Report by David Lowe-Bianco.
    Information from
    Ultimate-guitar

it really really sucks that this is happening, i grew up with Zakk Wylde being Ozzy's main guy. Im a huge ZW and Ozzy fan, so when i 1st heard about this i was basically crushed, but when i read why this result ended in seperation. yeah its understandable but damn...Zakk Wylde started playing for Ozzy at age 19, yeah he left n came back, but he was still going to his live shows. I hope Ozzy's new guitarist will be good, and then again im excited about this..new style, i hope he goes to his 1980's style, so epic. Imo either John 5 or George Lynch would fill in the spot perfectly, john 5 cause hes epic and he has a style that is really dark yet..wow..and george lynch well cause back in 1980, the spot for guitarist was down to either george lynch or randy rhoads, and ozzy went with good instincts and chose randy rhoads(rip). then again having someone totally new and unknown would be awesome. two other guitarist could fill in the spot nicely too, he tried out Steve Vai a long time ago, back in 03 or so, but Steve's style just isnt something that would go good with Ozzy's style of music, and then theres Buckethead, but Ozzy wanted him to take the bucket off cause it was "fucking stupid" buuut buckethead refused...

so! what do the fans think???

for those who dont know how they are
    Zakk Wylde:
    Spoiler!

Ozzy Osbourne:
    Spoiler!

John 5:
    Spoiler!

George Lynch:
    Spoiler!

Buckethead:
    Spoiler!

and some other pics..
    Spoiler!

Hmm, that's almost saddening...

and who the Hell's never heard of Ozzy and Wylde? what a strange world we live in...

Shameless self-promoting [DEVIANTART PAGE]

well, im kinda glad, their music has been changing and this is a good chance to see some variety in the genre

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar
    hell yes for john 5
    (

I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    Hmm, that's almost saddening...

and who the Hell's never heard of Ozzy and Wylde? what a strange world we live in...
    exactly..like i said, i grew up listening to them jam out as loud as it could be, went to concerts and saw them jam out. epic times..wish i was born in the 70's though, that why i couldve gone to the Just Say Ozzy tour in 1986 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by tatsukai1990 View Post
    well, im kinda glad, their music has been changing and this is a good chance to see some variety in the genre
    yeah, it sucks cause hes gone, BUT its exciting and awesome cause the ozzman will never give up! hes gonna bury us all!...xD

Quote Originally Posted by BWORMKING View Post
    hell yes for john 5
    oh man dude, have u ever listened to his own instrumental albums...oh my gawd...epic playing. thats when he truely showed talent, cause what maryln manson and rob zombie(bands) have in common is that its jsut really about the beat and them personally, them being MM and RZ..but then mr.John 5 goes solo, and damn

Beer and Music

About the New Guitarist

well, i heard a couple of rumors
    all revolve around one guitarist

you notice how Ozzy mentions he has a guy coming from Greece, well rumors has it that, that "guy" is none other than Gus G from Firewind.
    although hes an extremely talented and amazing guitarist, and at such a young age...his style wont fit with ozzy, i dont see it happening
    Firewind is a power metal band, Ozzy sticks to hard rock/metal. just no way...but if it does work out, GOD DAMN!! Ozzy will have one hell of a guitarist, fans will be as excited and shocked back in 1986(i believe) a nobody 19 yr old had become ozzy's guitarist, went by the name of ZAKK WYLDE

for those who dont know who Gus G is..heres a pic and vids

Spoiler!

Gus G soloing in in home town
    Gus G doing sound check
    Firewind - Fire And The Fury
    Firewind - I Am The Anger
    Firewind - Breaking The Silence

what do ppl think?? think hes good for Ozzy??? even though his style is Power Metal

(sorry about the double posting, but this thread hasnt been updated so i decided to make another post instead of combining)

Banned
    Though Gus G seems alot more like a Van Halen type, I think Ozzy, and only Ozzy, could make it work.

Banned
    I saw a video of Gus G playing Eruption. Nostalgia'd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYGXi...layer_embedded

Beer and Music
    ^ bad ass man
    friggin teeth technique..i wish i could do that

check out his betcha cant play this
    Betcha Can't Play This with Firewind's Gus G
    i can only play the beginning part...the 1st part he teaches, i can do that...but thats it:(..