View Poll Results: Samurai are special because?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samurai can use chakra and do anything ninja can do maybe better!

12 10.43%
  • Samurai dont use chakra but have thier own special powers almost equall to ninja

63 54.78%
  • Samurai = Cannon fodder and thier only special ability is to die by the dozens

40 34.78%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I am gonna have to say, in a world where charka is possible and basically the only means of effective fighting aside from taijutsu, these Samurais have ninjustu and taijutsu but probably not genjutsu simply because these guys are straight up warriors and dont really rely on stealth as there ninja counterparts.

EPIC!!!

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    5 reasons why Ninjas rule over Samurais :

1) Ninja is far more skilled then Samurais who use mainly weaponry, hence why TenTen sucks.

2) Ninja thinks underneath the underneath, hence theyre impessive intelect. Samurai doesnt think very much, rather they use theyre weapons to do the thinking.

3) Ninja alone is capable of destroying entire country, while Samurai needs unleast 100 men to achieve the same task.

4) Ninja has a status in his village, hence the ranks from Genin to Kage, while Samurai remains the very pawn the rest of his life.

5) Ninjas rule over villages and countries, while samurais are just a secondery bodyguards incomperable to ninjas.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Naruto can Tank Amaterasu
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon Max View Post

1) Ninja is far more skilled then Samurais who use mainly weaponry, hence why TenTen sucks.

2) Ninja thinks underneath the underneath, hence theyre impessive intelect. Samurai doesnt think very much, rather they use theyre weapons to do the thinking.

3) Ninja alone is capable of destroying entire country, while Samurai needs unleast 100 men to achieve the same task.

4) Ninja has a status in his village, hence the ranks from Genin to Kage, while Samurai remains the very pawn the rest of his life.

5) Ninjas rule over villages and countries, while samurais are just a secondery bodyguards incomperable to ninjas.
    couldn't have been said better.

I love how your basing this off absolutly nothing, like zero proof/data....

Isn't there 3 chakra sources? Internal, Physical, and Natural? I think since Ninja use a combo of Internal and Physical that maybe Samurai use only Physical, if so then they are probably 10x stronger than ninja in terms of pure strength, speed, agility, but just can't use ninjutsu.

I also think/want them to be able to use elemental chakra and power up their swords with different elemental chakra types.
    A pie in the sky?

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I love how your basing this off absolutly nothing, like zero proof/data....
    As far as we are speaking of Naruto manga, then I stand behind those 5 points bcs so far we havent heard much about Samurais - which can only mean that they are totaly fodder and rare.

Isn't there 3 chakra sources? Internal, Physical, and Natural? I think since Ninja use a combo of Internal and Physical that maybe Samurai use only Physical, if so then they are probably 10x stronger than ninja in terms of pure strength, speed, agility, but just can't use ninjutsu.
    Human chakra comes from spiritual and physical energy. To form a chakra you have to actualy have spiritual nad physical energy molded in balance. I think that this might be the reason Lee cant use ninjutsu, bcs he has imense physical energy which just cant get balanced with spiritual. That would also be the same for Samurai if what your saying is correct.

I also think/want them to be able to use elemental chakra and power up their swords with different elemental chakra types.
    Using elemental manipulation comes under ninjutsu, assuming Samurais dont use ninjutsu then I guess they wont have any special swords like Sasuke or Hachibi.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Banned
    They have to be pretty powerful warriors if the ninja dare not go near the iron county for fear of them.im beting the use chraka in conjunction with their katanas for higher cuting and slashing power interms of swordplay they should be on a hole different lvl to shinobi.

Is quisnam nihilum vincet atticus's Avatar

no, tenten just plain sucks on her own, it has nothing to do just using weaponry. come on... even her name is terrible (no offence if anyone's name is tenten). im sure samurai can do more than just swing their swords lol. aside from that, your argument would imply that gai and lee would also suck since they only use taijutsu
    i dont think all ninja are as smart as you think, obviously the higher ranked ninja are going to be more intelligent and the naruto story almost exclusively deals with the higher ranked ninja. ie the story isnt about the ninja that are on guard duty at the gates of konoha or the lame ones that stay genin forever (irony? lol).
    i think you meant village, no one person could destroy an entire country. regardless, not every ninja can do this. surely there must be some uber samurai.
    >.> seriously? samurai have ranks too... all military organizations have ranks.
    ninja and samurai are both the military forces for the feudal lords of their respective nations. so no, ninja do not rule their countries. at least not the ones in the nations that matter. even the hokage is chosen by the feudal lord so he is more like a vassal than a king.

not that im saying samurai are better, we basically know nothing about them. i just found your 5 reasons lacking. also it seems like you're assuming that naruto samurai are going to be like stereotypical samurai, but i didnt get that impression by the way they looked. maybe it was just me tho, i think kishi has something different in store for samurai.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think that since this country is neutral and the ninja nations use it as a meeting place, the ninja nations might have a understanding between each other that attacking the Land of Iron is like declaring war on the rest of the ninja world. So it might not be the Land of Iron that the ninjas fear, but what the rest of the ninja world would do if they attacked the Land of Iron.
    that is something i did not think of lol probably because of the way its translated. the one at onemanga.com is the one that gave me my original impression but i checked out the one by binktopia and that translation seems to go along with what you said.
    I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.

You all still have Zoidberg!

Samurai have to be special. I mean, the Iron country is using them as guards. They wouldn't use them if they were inferior to ninjas, because then they'll just use ninjas as guards, not samurai.

Perhaps they have a special ability, or are highly adept at taijutsu and skilled in special weaponry. I don't think they manipulate chakra to form attacks though.

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    If Im not mistaken, the sage arts are unrelated to ninjutsu by default, and has its own set of rules. It still makes use of chakra though. So why cant the samurai utilize it in their own way. Im not saying that the Samurai will or must use it, Im sayig that they have the capacity to, but if their law or code of honor prevents that, then its the social indifference that prevents them using chakra, not the physical lack of it. Samurai can use chakra in ways to enhance their physical stregnth, use it to forge their weaponry/armor, and etc etc. Chakra use doesnt have to be limited to battle skills. Its merely an energy resource. Hell, maybe they use it to heat their houses in the sheer cold of their country, maybe used as an insulator for their housing or armor or whatever.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Samurai have to be special. I mean, the Iron country is using them as guards. They wouldn't use them if they were inferior to ninjas, because then they'll just use ninjas as guards, not samurai.
    But it could be that the Land of Iron aren't using Samurai to protect themselves against the ninja villages, just other militaristic powers or regular thieves. It could be the country's neutrality that protects them from ninja attacks... Hence if they had their own ninja, then they would be fair game to the other ninja villages.