• Rock/Hardrock/Alternative

17 30.91%
  • Trance/Rave/Techno

0 0%
  • Punk

0 0%
  • Metal and it's various kinds

11 20.00%
  • Gothic stuff (don't exactly know how to name it, sorry)

0 0%
  • Jazz

3 5.45%
  • Classical

4 7.27%
  • Other

7 12.73%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    If it sounds good in my ears I listen to it no matter what genre, but you can say I'm a 17-year-old "old school" boy.
    Ava&Sig by Ravona

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

ipsa scientia potestas est

Senjougahara Fascination!

Hope your day gets better, Binky

I guess I grew up on big band type music...lots of Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and other music from that time period. Also, randomly enough, The Beach Boys were on a lot on my house haha. Then when I started to get into music for myself I just listened to what everyone else was listening to. This was when the Spice Girls and all the boy bands got big so I was pretty much a slave to all that.

As for now I don't really have a specific taste...I chose R&B/Rap/Hip-hop because it's what I'm mostly listening to right now, but I also really like kind of folksy alternative stuff...Jack Johnson, Jeff Buckley and the like. But really, I'll listen to anything that sounds good to me.

King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar
    everything really.

now tho, i listen to nirvana, S.O.A.D, serj tankian, nick cave, TBDM and alot of other metal/death core frequently.
    Last edited by BWORMKING; 07-21-2009 at 08:32 PM.
    (

I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

I'm not into 1 genre anymore. My taste developped through the years, now I can appreciate a lot more than I used to.

Started out as someone that listened to songs in charts. When I was 11 or something I got the album The Eminem Show and the album Meteora. This basically defined my music taste for the next 4-5 years.

My hip-hop taste went from the commerical hip-hop that Eminem was to the more underground artists like Gang Starr, Non Phixion and Jedi Mind Tricks. Also I started lsitening to Dutch hip-hop, since I get the wordplay far better than the english.

The Linkin Park music went the metal way. I mostly started listening to thrash metal like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax. (Still need to see Megadeth live >:( )

When I was 15-16 years old I started clubbing and learned to appreciate dance and other music like that. First to dance with chicks , and later learned to appreciate it. Also I started listening to Drum n Bass.

So by now I basically like all music, as long as its music that's put effort in.

Now I finished my essay I realize I'm way too much like zidane. Damn you.

I picked Classical out of the choices given :1

It was anime that got me into classical tbh, after hearing Pachelbel's Canon in D major (the quartet they play in end of evangelion), I think it was because I was engrossed with what I was watching at the time, I just really loved that piece of music.
    Years later, hearing Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 in Nodame Cantabile just made me love it even more :o

I used to listen to WhiteSnake, Alice in Chains, Faith no More, The Who, Nirvana, Tool, The Offspring (Smash was my favorite album as a kid) and AC/DC (Before Bon Scott died :< ).
    Most of it is too noisy for me now though, I like chilled out instrumental music.
    I still listen to Placebo and A Perfect Circle sometimes.

I also agree with Arisato on Rap and I can't stand any sort of metal genre where all the singer does is scream, any chance of me enjoying the instruments go down the drain the second someone decides to scream and ruin a good song :1

I took a while for me to take an interest in music, because mostly I'd just hear certain songs and think,"Heh that's catchy" and that'd be all.

My dad probably influenced me the most when it comes to my musical taste. He was kinda weird because he'd love classic rock like Metallica, The Eagles, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, you name it he loved it, and yet at the same time he loved what seemed like every 80's hit imaginable. It was funny and cool at the same time and I pretty much adapted his music tastes with, "Hey if it has a good beat and nice lyrics I can get into it." Also thanks to him I picked the ever so wonderful habit of singing with the Radio because it's so DARN FUN

I remember my first CD I bought was some kind of Disney All Star thing with people like Aaron Carter, Destiny's Child and Usher singing classic Disney Tunes I'd say rock in all of it's incarnations is my favorite genre but I listen to everything so I feel like I get the best of both worlds.

Reggaeton is also something I hear alot due to having a Mexican family. It's cool to hear songs in Spanish for the same reason that it's cool to hear music in Japanese or other languages because music transends all of that. If it's a good song you can usually tell even if you can't understand everything about it. Music in it's entirety is something I love, and Mariachi Bands Rule.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Beer and Music
    METAL
    thats what i mainly listen to, but i also listen to alot of hard rock, old bands as well,
    reason i listen to Heavy Metal is cause well..while i was growing up, my dad was a drug addict, and heavy metal would help me escape those problems and be at peace. Bands like Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden and Slayer helped me refuge from those problems. And well soon the problems got bigger and well, for me, the music got heavier and well u can say, darker. but even when i would listen to bands like Emperor and Belphegor i still jammed to the tunes that got me into what i listen to now and well if anyone is wondering, dad went to a rehab around a year ago already, 3 or 4 months later he got out, and hes a real badass dad.
    I have several tastes, like some ppl that listen to Killswitch Engage will start listening to Metalcore as a general, as for me, not really. bands have to be good for me to like. But then sometimes ill like them cause i just end up liking it.
    hmm...
    some hard rock/ metal bands i listen to are Jimi Hendrix, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Quiet Riot, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Queen, Bad Company, (old) Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Slayer, Exodus, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Pantera, Cradle of Filth, Alice in Chains, Arch Enemy, Atreyu, Audioslave, Behemoth, Vesania, Black River, Blood Bath, Breaking Benjamin, Children of Bodom, Coheed and Cambria, Disturbed, Dream Theater, Firewind, Heaven & Hell, Ihsahn, Iron Maiden, Joe Satriani, Journey, Kamelot, Killswitch Engage, Kiss, Masterplan, Motley Crue(i really dislike glam metal but some of their songs are good, their old songs), Opeth, Azarath, Nomad, Vader, Immortal, Emperor, Belphegor, Rob Zombie, The Police, Queensryche, Roadrunner United, Shadows Fall, Slipknot, Steve Vai, System of A Down, Trivium

those are at the top of my head

ofcourse, i jam to some old rap tunes cause thats what i grew up with, that and rock, and spanish music

i originally listen only to rock but those were my younger years. now i listen to just about anything as long as its good. from techno to rap, everything floats my boat. right now i like jazz/blues, its not like i know anything about the jazz culture, but they have some amazing and sad stories from what i can tell.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I personally believe that if you search, you'll find music of great quality for any given genre. I dont like one over the other. I listen, and try to understand the individual artist making orchestrating the music instead of relating them to the genre. But with that said, I've been heavily influenced by hip hop/rmb, and jazz. So my choice would be both(so I guess I cant vote :().
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

i listen to a variety of genres, i can get down to anything except country.
    i hate country.

but right now i like more pop rockish bands. they're fun, and aren't going to be saying how they want to change the world, and thats what im looking for right now. just fun stuff

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round