Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thunder Cats

Thunder Cats

New series on cartoon network! Comes on @ 8:30 est on fridays. Great cartoon. Cool story so far. Only one episode has aired. I was pleasantly surprised at how cool it was. And when Lionel did the thunder call... OMG i felt like a kid again. Interested to know what the rest of you guys thought about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T5JiPxR1uc

twitter.com/jedijuck

Yep watched the first 2 episodes. It's pretty good, they have revamped the series and it's much better than the original.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

The premiere episodes were good. Kind of miss Snarf not talking though.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Seeing as Cartoon Network is refusung to even acknowledge Young Justice, let alone air a new episode, looks like this is the only show worth watching aside from Adult Swim programming.

Thundercats was one of my favorites as a kid, and I have no problem admitting this new series is leaps and bounds ahead. The improved animation is obvious, but the storylines and characters are taking themselves much more seriously, the pilot showed that. Will Friedle does the LionO voice proud, at first I had a hard time believing it was him doing the classic Thundercats call. Just goes to show how talented he is.

Tygra also has more plot relevance this time around and I'm excited to see how his character develops. Cheetara as beautiful as ever, and it's nice they got actual kids to voice Kit and Kat. Panthro came in lookin like a BAMF to cap off a wonderful episode, maybe the best yet. Really liked seeing the forest people and how they savored an entire lifespan in merely a day. A very original and refreshingly thoughtful premise.

What I'm most excited about is LionO's trials in becoming leader of the TCats. The original series did an awesome job with that having him race Cheetara, outwit the Wily Twins, etc. each lasting an episode finally culminating in him defeating Mumra. The creators said they'll do the same sort of storyline, only condense it into two episodes.

I'm lovin this throwback. Can't wait to see them finding technological advancements, and I know it's a long way off but the other surviving Thundercats too.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

i remember the original. good times i have yet to watch it but i might catch it at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lol wha a coincidence,
    I watched the 4 eps yesterday =)
    never watched the 80s version, but this show i quite good tbf.

yeah i liked the 80's version but i have not had time to check it out so i will probably do that at some point.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think the cheesiness is what made the original series so good.

Better Watch Out! Obito's Coming To Get You!!!

This one is a lot better than the 80s cartoon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

but that one was a classic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]