Hybrid View

The One ~ Lee Nicky

Summary
    Cane Lele was born into the fashion industry. Her mother, Ye Feii, was Taiwan's top model, and her father was also a model, until a tragic airplane crash left Lele without parents.

Therefore it is no surprise that Lele hates the industry, thinking it superficial and unnecessary. Raised by her paternal grandmother, Lele reaches seventeen before she is sucked in by her mother’s sister, Ye Feihung, a fashion agent (and former model) who "convinces" the reluctant Lele to pose.
    Lele is adverse to the whole idea, until she sees a photo shoot of popular American model Angus Lanson, and she begins to see modeling as an art form.

When Aunt Feihung's magazine editor invites Angus Lanson to a meeting of all the top fashion ambassadors, Lele is invited along and is curious to meet Angus. She does not know that Angus' twin elder brother, Eros Lanson, is secretly accompanying his brother. This obviously leads to confusion and is the start of a charming story of Lele's goals: Fashion in New York city, becoming a top model, and love?

It reminds me a little of skip beat but more lighthearted. It's pretty good. ^^

http://www.onemanga.com/The_One/2

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

This manga is great....maybe even better than Skip beat. Is MUST READ!!!

Read the entire manga to the current chapter in one sitting. I loved it. Do you know of any other shoujos which are similar to The One?

Yeah it's a nice one. xD I love how the chapters come out so quickly ! ^^

Although i don't really like the way it's going with the whole father of the boys trying to take angus back to sweden. I want it to focus more on the fashion industry like before. Hopefully the zac pictures will come out soon, i want them to be a succes! Lele has to conquer the fashion empirium(first new york, then london, paris and milan)

^^

Ehhh i read so many manga... can't think of anything exactly like it. More the boyfriend-girlfriend lovy stuff.

Anyway, definetly read skip beat if you haven't. That's the closest i can think of like this one.

Oewh and there's a new gag one: Ane doki! It's pretty funny. And stuff like to-love-ru and kanokon is ok i guess, if you like the gagside.

Ehhh more serious things like 'the one': Nana, i havent read it completely, but its pretty good. http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/

Right now im reading 'Kyou Koi wo Hajimemasu' i'll tell you if it's good. it doesn't have many chapters yet.

One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

Thanks

No problem! Tell me what you think after you read some of those ^^

One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

My friend is reading this one . sounds nice .. i should borrow it xD .

Yeah, this manga is definitely worth reading.
    The first chapters might be a little dull, but it get very good as it goes on.
    Too bad ther haven't been many new updates for quite a while now