Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Decidedly Undecided

Music as a Catalyst

What music do you listen to when doing what you enjoy, and how does it affect your artistic ability?

For example, when I'm writing an RP fight, I listen to stuff by Bullet Fot My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, stuff like that. When I'm feeling lonely, I listen to stuff like Nickelback(some of their stuf is pretty decent). When I just want to vent my anger, it's time for Metallica, Slayer, In Flames, Disturbed, stuff like that.

Ready, Set, Discuss!

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    What music were you listening to when you made this thread???

I tend to make the music fit whatever I'm doing. When I'm happy, I listen to metal. When I'm sad, I listen to metal. When I'm pissed, I pick certain songs! I just view (or hear) the music differently depending on my mood.
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

Most of the time I like listening to whatever's on my playlist. When I'm sad/angry/excited(playing video games especially) I listen to anything with a dark sound. When I'm happy it's old school hip-hop/jazz. When I shower it's foreign music seeing as I like the echo in my shower, plus I love singing songs in Japanese and French. Before I sleep it's classical. Any other emotion I listen to whatever. I'm open to any kind of music.
    Ava&Sig by Ravona

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

ipsa scientia potestas est

Senjougahara Fascination!

When I'm driving I usually listen to hip-hop stations. When I'm just relaxing it's whatever I'm in the mood for...sometimes I just put my entire library on shuffle and go from there. When I work out I like anything fast and upbeat. I usually don't listen to music when I sleep, but when I do I have a "sleeping" playlist with lots of mellow music...Jack Johnson, Aqualung, and the like.

How does it affect my artistic ability...uhmm...I'm not that artistic XD but I do have an angsty music playlist specifically for when I'm trying to write something emotional.

When I'm driving I tend to listen to Russian Hip Hop because then, I feel like a real badass.
    And when I prepare food or clean my flat, it is almost every time the radio, which plays random Pop or Rock songs.
    And when I do something on my Laptop, I usually just play my favorite songs.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

I don't fit my music to my current mood. I fit my music to the mood I want to be in. I used to listen to a lot of Evanescence when I was depressed, for example, and it made it worse. So, now when I'm down/angry, I listen to some cheesy JPop/KPop song. When I'm feeling lonely I listen to a good happy love song. When I want to get some work down I find good 'ole rock (mostly 80s and 90s alternative).

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    This doesn't belong in the Boredom Zone. Moving to Watercooler. There are a few music threads there, so if this conflicts with any the Wolvy squad will edit accordingly.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

When story writing I listen to music that fits the theme of the story I'm writing. If its a battle sequence something with alot of intesity. If its an emotional scene something with soft emotional touch.

Its a great way to feed off the energy of the music to fuel creative ideas and helps sequence events.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

or how about when you want to get in a mood you listen to a certain song like barry white's stuff

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I have a sleep playlist... Which I listen to all the time since it's relaxing music - and I'm a really laid back, relaxed guy with few worries in my life. xD
    ಠ_ಠ