Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    In the Manga panda version, Obito was wondering whether he had given the Juubi too much free will. The Implication is that the Juubi was created/engineered to have only a certain amount of free will of its own. This then allowed Madra and Obito to be able to jump on it and control it through their connections.
    True, but that Obito remark at that moment doesn't make much sense, while stating instead that he was too busy controlling the Juubi at the time is in tune with what happens in the story, i.e. getting tricked by Naruto above him. To me, this panda translation there sounds pretty wrong.

I guess I misspelled umbilici.
    And Madara.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Marie View Post
    True, but that Obito remark at that moment doesn't make much sense, while stating instead that he was too busy controlling the Juubi at the time is in tune with what happens in the story, i.e. getting tricked by Naruto above him. To me, this panda translation there sounds pretty wrong.

And Madara.

True, but the essential point is that we've seen the Geddou Mazou with only its head above the ground. Obviously it is as capable of moving through the earth as the Zetsus are. The question therefore is whether there is more of the Juubi's body hidden below ground.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

heres something that's a little weird. In the mangastream version, tobi tells madara they need to conserve the juubi's chakra, yet the fox speaks of it like a perpetual life force with off the chart power. If so, whats obito bitching about?

Quote Originally Posted by Island man View Post
    heres something that's a little weird. In the mangastream version, tobi tells madara they need to conserve the juubi's chakra, yet the fox speaks of it like a perpetual life force with off the chart power. If so, whats obito bitching about?
    And isn't that the sauce?!

1) moving through the ground was what we guessed two chapters ago as it was depicted emerging from the earth.

2) how much more is the juubi "powered down" from not only lacking the fullness of 8 and 9 tails but by also being short changed the amount of tailed beast chakra that was spent in the creation of the vast zetsu army? Was it even a significant amount or merely a tickle or sneeze ?

3) the seemingly contradiction between appraisals is this, the fox spoke of the juubi from the perspective of battling it head on and sizing it up to themselves. Obito was not speaking in consideration of that scale nor a similar one. The infinite tsukiyomi is a technique which affects space and chakra enough to qualify amount near equal to the juubi. A moon, perhaps the same sealing stone or perhaps a newly created one, which must then connect every living thing existing in the world. The infinite tsukiyomi is a technique that actually is so grand that so huge and with such cost it actually will tax even the juubi, after all, it is to run throughout most, if not all, the created matters which already has origin from it. Even if not every living thing on the planet, whatever the physical space limitations, it still must be properly translated into the imaginative bits of the caster, the imaginative world in that type of genjutsu requires energy still and to represent an entire world and hold it steadily bound would still require similar amounts of power, as madara demonstrated to obito in his lair before dying.

The kyubi and obito were using frame of reference from radically different scales and of different purpose.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Damn sweet chapter, the usual Kishimoto high standards of course. The Mangastream version was easily the better translation, I can't believe last weeks mangastream trans. was so sucky but whatever. This chapter was so much better on the second reading. I loved that Killerbee line at the end about the money shot right in the eye. However I have a strong feeling that in the next chapter we will learn that the juubi can absorb chakra attacks with it's eye - hungry ghost path style. In fact I'm gonna go on the record and suggest that it can use some or all of the rinnegan paths, it can't just have an awesome sharinnegan eye that's just there for show (not to mention that it's being controlled by/synched with rinnegan using Uchiha). I'm gonna go even further on a limb by speculating that Rikudou Sennin concieved the elder son when he was a jinchuuriki while the younger son was concieved when he'd removed the juubi and all of it's bad mojo out of his system.

Could be the Rikudou obtained Doujutsu from the Juubi. Maybe he was just a full Senju/Uzumaki all along, and consolidated all of the Juubi's powers in the Elder Son. Basically what Bluntman said. Hey, at least that'd make it easier for us to see how Naruto could be the Rikudou's reincarnation without possessing the Rinnegan.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    Damn sweet chapter, the usual Kishimoto high standards of course. The Mangastream version was easily the better translation, I can't believe last weeks mangastream trans. was so sucky but whatever. This chapter was so much better on the second reading. I loved that Killerbee line at the end about the money shot right in the eye. However I have a strong feeling that in the next chapter we will learn that the juubi can absorb chakra attacks with it's eye - hungry ghost path style. In fact I'm gonna go on the record and suggest that it can use some or all of the rinnegan paths, it can't just have an awesome sharinnegan eye that's just there for show (not to mention that it's being controlled by/synched with rinnegan using Uchiha). I'm gonna go even further on a limb by speculating that Rikudou Sennin concieved the elder son when he was a jinchuuriki while the younger son was concieved when he'd removed the juubi and all of it's bad mojo out of his system.
    No dude, if something, both of them were born before So6p sealed the Jyubi inside of himself, because both of his sons were already all grown up when he was choosing a successor among them, while lying on his deathbed (it was on his deathbed that he sealed Jyubi's body in the moon). The reason why he even split the Jyubi's power, is most likely because it was the cause of the strife between his sons (most likely, the tittle of successor would come with the power of a jinchuriki). Unless you meant that he conceived the older one while the whole Jyubi was in him, while the younger one while the Jyubi was already split into 10 parts (this would mean that he has split it way before his death, into 9 Bijuu and one Body, although it would still be within him, so I'm not sure that it would change much if anything... then again, the bijuu were too familiar with So6p, for them to be created just about on his deathbed... they were young thought, it's always possible that he was balancing between life and death like Madara for an extended period of time...).

My guess (and that's all it is), is that the SO6P had both Kids while he was the Jinchuuriki of the 10Tails.

Now, the Older brother who inherrited the SO6P's Spiritual and Eye powers, had an affinity for the Juubi's Spiritual power, hence he adsorbed the Sharingan along with the SO6P's spiritual power. We could say that the spiritual power of the Juubi intermingled with the SO6P's own spiritual power and became indistinguishable from it. Thus the Elder brother who inherited the SO6P's Spiritual and eye power, also inherited the Sharingan.

In the case of the Younger son, the SO6P did not absorb the Juubi's Body, so it did not find resonance in the SO6P, hence the Younger son did not inherrit the Juubi's Physical powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Could be the Rikudou obtained Doujutsu from the Juubi. Maybe he was just a full Senju/Uzumaki all along, and consolidated all of the Juubi's powers in the Elder Son. Basically what Bluntman said. Hey, at least that'd make it easier for us to see how Naruto could be the Rikudou's reincarnation without possessing the Rinnegan.
    If it is shown that the Rinnegan came from the Juubi, then I'd buy your theory. Until then you have to explain how the SO6p stopped the Juubi without a Rinnegan. At least with the Rinnegan, he could negate its chakra blasts, and pull out it's soul from its body.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

My guess (and that's all it is), is that the SO6P had both Kids while he was the Jinchuuriki of the 10Tails.

Now, the Older brother who inherrited the SO6P's Spiritual and Eye powers, had an affinity for the Juubi's Spiritual power, hence he adsorbed the Sharingan along with the SO6P's spiritual power. We could say that the spiritual power of the Juubi intermingled with the SO6P's own spiritual power and became indistinguishable from it. Thus the Elder brother who inherited the SO6P's Spiritual and eye power, also inherited the Sharingan.

In the case of the Younger son, the SO6P did not absorb the Juubi's Body, so it did not find resonance in the SO6P, hence the Younger son did not inherrit the Juubi's Physical powers.

If it is shown that the Rinnegan came from the Juubi, then I'd buy your theory. Until then you have to explain how the SO6p stopped the Juubi without a Rinnegan. At least with the Rinnegan, he could negate its chakra blasts, and pull out it's soul from its body.
    Well, the Rikudou clearly used a sealing technique similar to those used by the Uzumaki, and also possessed the same level of Life Force / Physical energies needed to hold the Juubi. Hashirama/Mito were both capable of supressing/sealing Bijuu power with those techniques. Perhaps their powers are akin to those used by the Rikudou, while Madara/the Kyuubi represented the powers used by the Juubi (Doujutsu + Bijuu strength).

It seems less and less plausible that the Rikudou simply "awakened" the Rinnegan (or was born with it). The theory that he gained his doujutsu from the Juubi, as its Jinchuuriki, is more appealing to me than other theories (he was an advanced Hyuga who powered up, or he was simply given the Rinnegan as a gift from the heavens).

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    question...did the juubi have emotions and a conscience like the other bijus????????????????? i've been asking myself about that.
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!