Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are you Strong? Six-Pack?

This is a thread for Workout Heads How do u work out? What do u do? Share the Secret with us? Do u have a Six Pack? Is Chris200 That Sexy?

Anway Talk Away

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

There are actually eight abdominal muscles, so the six pack is a sign of a slacker.

i thought there was 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

Well, properly, what I'm talking about is only one muscle, the Rectus Abdominis, but it's split into ten segments, seperated by connective tissue, the top two segments are basically there to anchor the muscle to the ribcage and don't ever get visible, the middle six are the famous six pack and there are also two more right above the pubic area.

The bottom two don't get exercised by sit-ups, or if they do, it's minor, so reverse crunches are probably needed to get them visible.

Beer and Music
    I've been working out since I was in 4th grade, that's what..a little over 10 years ago..heh
    I used to have a 6 pack but since big boned the coaches in football would demand of. Me to gain some weight, so now I'm just big, as in like, kinda chubby but I still got my built-ness

Well what I do is..never max out, I just never was the kind of person to always max out, u can fuck urself up, so I only do around 270 in weight lifting
    I also use dumbells, some 30's are good enough, no need to use 80's or something
    A lot of push ups, actually when I was in boot-camp(voluuntarly) all I would is push-ups and actually got some muscle, this was back in 6th grade, 250-300 push up in the morning and night, for 4 months
    Sit ups I love to do! Its the shit. That's cause its easy..lol and imo, u burn a lot more, and its simple
    Squatting isn't too bad either, just remember, u must squat double ur weight, at the least, so if u can't, don't even do it, ull fall n hit urself
    Chin-ups are alright, not a big fan of them, but they work ^^

That's basically the basics of working out
    Remember ppl, drink tons of water use a weight belt, aaand always have someone spot you

I usually do about 30-45 minutes of cardio/day 4-5 days/week, and sometimes I swim for an hour or two (I'm a fish...I can get carried away with swimming and lose track of time and all of a sudden I'm a prune lol). I also live in an area with A LOT of hills and where it makes no sense to have a car because there's effing NO WHERE TO PARK (grr), so I do a fair amount of walking.

Do I have a six-pack? No lol. But my calves are pretty toned from walking up hills and stairs all the time.

I don't do really workouts, but I play tennis 2-3 times a week and used to go running.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

the absolute best workout is fight training. Whether it be boxing, kickboxing, or mma type training. There is a reason those guys are ripped. If you follow a regular system (not the insane i have a fight coming up so i train 10 hours a day routine) you will probably drop 10 to 20 pounds in a couple of weeks. Hitting a heavy bag and sparring with good foot work burns a ton of calories and is alot more fun than a treadmill. I would suggest this to anyone looking to get into shape lose weight and add a little muscle. Obviously if you're looking to bulk up lifting heavy weights is the only way to go.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

I do a 20 kilometer race with my bicyle everyday. 20x4 pushups Tuesday - 20x5 Situps Thursday and I chose between one of those on Sundays. And 1 or two days a week I do about 50 kilometers with my bike.

It's just to be in shape. I'm quite big boned though, and I've got a muscular family so I got a little pondus or whatever it's called xD (long winters)

When I'm at the gym I do some leg lifts (dunno what it's called) - 250-300 KG 15x3 depends on what mood I'm in and if I warmed up. So I got strong legs.
    Never really been into weightlifting though, so it's only 50kg in bench :/
    ಠ_ಠ

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    the absolute best workout is fight training. Whether it be boxing, kickboxing, or mma type training. There is a reason those guys are ripped. If you follow a regular system (not the insane i have a fight coming up so i train 10 hours a day routine) you will probably drop 10 to 20 pounds in a couple of weeks. Hitting a heavy bag and sparring with good foot work burns a ton of calories and is alot more fun than a treadmill. I would suggest this to anyone looking to get into shape lose weight and add a little muscle. Obviously if you're looking to bulk up lifting heavy weights is the only way to go.
    This!

Back when i was in middle school I got into a boxing gym cause I wanted to know how to box properly(came in handy^^) and man...the coach I had, even though it was only for 3 hours a day 3 days a week( they say its best to work out one day and rest the next day). He. Worked our asses off...xD. we would do laps around the gym(the outside) and we would do some push ups, hit the punching bag, rest for abit, do some other boxing excercises and if u were up to it, sparring time! And sometimes I would wear one of those plastic suits..so afterwards when I would take it off, nothing but sweat coming out that suit,it was nasty as hell BUT it worked