17 23.61%
  • Sandaime wins a close battle

18 25.00%
  • Garaa wins a close battle

22 30.56%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    gaara might have developed the ability to control the metal sand or whatever it is by now.
    I will go with a close batte ending with the sandaime as the winner.

The only thing different with Gaara's sand is that it can change I think, he can use regular sand or gather up the strongest materials to make very strong/hard sand. Wether or not it is stronger than iron sand I don't know but I still think Sandaime would win because hes probably got more up his sleave than manipulating sand. It was just his most famous technique not his only. Gaara seems to only be about controlling sand...

If Gaara learns some elemental chakra I think he might stand more of a chance, or maybe more taijutsu, something to make up for close range, then he would be close to a win.

I think it'd be cool if Sandaime covered himself in the armor of iron sand! Or did a Iron sand funeral! just seems so much more deadly than regular sand.
    A pie in the sky?

Gaara already controls elemental chakra-Sand-that combo is earth + wind combination.
    My vote goes for Gaara for exactly that reason.He saved the whole village from Deidara's "Special"with only his sand.And the third kazekage puppet was defeated by Sakura and Chiyo.So Gaara>3rd kazekage

Is quisnam nihilum vincet atticus's Avatar
    i'll go with gaara if he's got the shikaku. without it, i'd have to go with the sandaime since they have a similar ability with the whole controlling sand thing, but sandaime's sand is metal and you said that he could use other jutsu.
    I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.

You all still have Zoidberg!

I think that 3rd kazekage would win. I have only 1 reason; the 3rd kazekage might be able to convery Gaara's sand into metal and thus making Gaara's sand useless. Just my opnion

Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by atriede View Post
    Garaa appears to have a slightly weakness at close range due to his inability to use Taijutsu, instead, relying on sand manipulation. .
    [/I]

Not saying you're wrong or anything. I was just wondering where it said that he had an inability to use taijutsu? I just find it hard to believe that unless someone was injured like he injured Lee or their bones were weak, hollow or broke easy, I thought taijutsu as the fighting style that anyone who was a ninja could do, just maybe not do well.

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by Yondaime123 View Post
    My vote goes for Gaara for exactly that reason.He saved the whole village from Deidara's "Special"with only his sand.And the third kazekage puppet was defeated by Sakura and Chiyo.So Gaara>3rd kazekage
    You can't compare a human puppet with the real ninja, that's just retarted, makes us naruto fans look bad. Read something else
    XD
    That was abit harsh
    But u can't compare some puppet that was the 3rd kazekage with the alive real 3rd kazekage, cause in that battle Sasori was pulling the strings, and was only using the 3rd's secret weapon, iron sand, as to if the alive 3rd kazekage fought, he would be way the hell smarter and would be bustin out jutsus not just iron sand

Well, sandblasting is sometimes used to cut through steel.

Anyway, I'd say that Gaara's sand reflexes and defense may defeat the Sandaime, but it's unlikely that a shinobi as experienced as him wouldn't figure out how to bypass the sand barrier that Sasuke, Lee and Naruto all got through.

Actually I expected this question to be in a Dream Match-up thread.

I will go with a close win for Sandaime. Although they posses similar abilities, the third will win because of his experience. Like kuroihikari said, he will find a way to penetrate Gaara's defence.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by luffyJ MCbankaiz View Post
    Not saying you're wrong or anything. I was just wondering where it said that he had an inability to use taijutsu? I just find it hard to believe that unless someone was injured like he injured Lee or their bones were weak, hollow or broke easy, I thought taijutsu as the fighting style that anyone who was a ninja could do, just maybe not do well.

Obviously i'm not saying he cannot kick or punch. Anyone can usually kick or punch if they have two arms and two legs. What i'm saying is he is below average at Tiajutsu, or at the very least he would struggle if he relied on Taijutsu at a Kage level fight. However I also point out that this is only a slight weakness because he can also use his sand for short range defend and attack.

Here are his taijutsu stats.

His stats give him a 2.5 for Taijutsu. I think even Hinata is better than that. However this is only when Garaa, is a chunin, he's improved since then. But the bottom line is he could work on his taijustsu, especially when fighting another Kazekage.