• Sandaime wins hands down

17 23.61%
  • Sandaime wins a close battle

18 25.00%
  • Garaa wins a close battle

22 30.56%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Garaa vs Sandaime Kazekage

The Sandaime Kazekage had his unique ability to manipulate metal dust and magnets. Garaa has the ability to Manipulate sand with the help of Shikaku. From what i see, it would be a close figt, you have on the one hand arguably greatest KazeKage v Godaime Kaze. Both have similar abilities that are extremely destructive. Garaa appears to have a slightly weakness at close range due to his inability to use Taijutsu, instead, relying on sand manipulation. It appears Sandaime was however proficient at other Jutsus and only later developed Kotesu. It looks as if a battle between the two would be fairly close..

Sandaime Kazekage

Considered the Greatest Kazekage (of course this was before Garaa was Kazekage, in fact he wasn't even born).

His abilities are similar to the abilities granted to Garaa by the Shikaku. In fact it was from seeing the Shikaku's ability to manipulate sand with his chakra that Sandaime decided he could do something identical with sand.

He developed of a special technique called Kotetsu, manipulating metal into weapons. It is known as the deadliest technique in Sunagakure.

Sandaime's Databook stats/unknown

Garaa

Garaa's ability to manipulate sand is extremly verseatile and forms basis of many Jutsu. He can alter his sand's properties to make it as hard as metal forming a perfect protective barrier aound him. The sand can be used for short and long range attacks, his most destructive being Desert funeral, 'Sabuku taiso no jutsu'.

Databook Stats
    [/B]
    I'll post them later
    Last edited by atriede; 06-30-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Naruto can Tank Amaterasu
    well i cant really say who would win, because we really dont know that much about sandiame kazekage , except what you mentioned and that he was the greatest shinobi of the sand village,but based on reputation, i would go with him , because gaara is'nt that well known and spoken of that highly.

Sandaime hands down. i didn't know there was a picture of him! Cool!

I just cant help thinking his metal sand is unbeatable when it comes to a fight with sand. Im still wondering if Gaara's sand control abilities are a result of Shukaku or not though, if not then it might be a close fight but Sandaime would ultimately win.
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by sage of the ninetails View Post
    well i cant really say who would win, because we really dont know that much about sandiame kazekage , except what you mentioned and that he was the greatest shinobi of the sand village,but based on reputation, i would go with him , because gaara is'nt that well known and spoken of that highly.
    I think Garaa is well spoken of. Also, remember Garaa saved the village from being wrecked by Deidera.
    Finally Sandaime was called the greatest Kazekage but we have to remember that Garaa wasn't Kazekage then therefore it does not necessarely indicate Sandaime is greater than Garaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Sandaime hands down. i didn't know there was a picture of him! Cool!

I just cant help thinking his metal sand is unbeatable when it comes to a fight with sand. Im still wondering if Gaara's sand control abilities are a result of Shukaku or not though, if not then it might be a close fight but Sandaime would ultimately win.
    The Shukaku host is only meant to be able to control sand because of Shikaku. However Kishi has still made Gara able to do this even without his bijuu. Its called a 'plot no jutsu'.
    Last edited by thsv; 06-30-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Double post

After all the time Gaara has had control over sand maybe it would be normal for Gaara to develop his own ability into controlling sand without needing Shukaku. Sandaime could control metal sand so why not Gaara.
    "If you want to kill me, despise me, hate me, and live in an unsightly way... Run, and cling to life, and then some day, when you have the same eyes as I do, come before me." - Uchiha Itachi

Anime:
    Dragonball, Z & GT
    Naruto & Shipuuden
    Death Note
    Bleach
    Mobile Suit Gundam

Manga:
    Naruto
    Bleach

I say gaara wins because he has/had shukaku

Sig By Damon Max

Quote Originally Posted by ByaKuya_ View Post
    I say gaara wins because he has/had shukaku
    No he doesn't. Its been taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by atriede View Post
    No he doesn't. Its been taken away.
    oh so , not at full power? .. that's not cool man ... not cool

Sig By Damon Max

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by atriede View Post
    The Sandaime Kazekage had his unique ability to manipulate metal dust and magnets. Garaa has the ability to Manipulate sand with the help of Shikaku. From what i see, it would be a close figt, you have on the one hand arguably greatest KazeKage v Godaime Kaze. Both have similar abilities that are extremely destructive. Garaa appears to have a slightly weakness at close range due to his inability to use Taijutsu, instead, relying on sand manipulation. It appears Sandaime was however proficient at other Jutsus and only later developed Kotesu. It looks as if a battle between the two would be fairly close.
    Wrong, just how sandaime kazekage's natural ability was to use iron sand, gaara's natural ability is to control sand at will, its not shikaku doing that gives/gave him the ability to control sand

And id say it would be a close fight ending with sandaime kazekage as the victor
    Cause gaara is extremely strong,with or without shikakue he's kage level, but sandaime was known as the strongest kazekage, they both have long range jutsu to perfection, but I'm sure sandaime has some strength to fight hand to hand combat, and the way Sasori used the sandaime puppet, it makes u wonder what other things the 3rd kazekage could do, I'm sure his iron sand can pierce gaara's sand, although when gaara fought kimmimaru he stated that his bones were more durable than steel, and his bones had a hard time going through. And we've all seen gaara battle, everytime he battles it ends up being an epic-like battle, always surprising the fans with his techniques, who'd think he would be so strong while surpressing the shukaku. Basically he would be using twice as much chakra while battling

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    Wrong, just how sandaime kazekage's natural ability was to use iron sand, gaara's natural ability is to control sand at will, its not shikaku doing that gives/gave him the ability to control sand
    Garaa can now manipulate sand without Shikaku, i'd give you that, in fact thats what I previously stated. However before Shikaku was removed it appears Garaa was manipulating the sand due to Shikaku. Of course we don't have any conclusive proof of this. This is just what I think cause one of the trademark traits of shikaku Jinchuriki is sand manipulation, in fact Sandaime only developed his metal manipulation by looking at the previous shikaku's host ability to manipulate sand. As the previous hosts have shown this ability it is not unreasonable to think it might be due to the bijuu. Secondly, its not unreasonable to conjecture that Garaa can now manipulate sand without the host because he's used to seeing and using sand manipulation. Therefore it was probably a developed ability, like Sandaime's, not a natural ability. Of course I could be wrong.