Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

From beginning to end

Just post what you think are the best opening and endings of all the animes you have ever watched.

It doesn't have to be a personal favorite anime of yours, just one with a catchy song or great animation that you always enjoyed watching.

It's would also be nice if you could post the link for it on youtube so the rest of the forum can also enjoy them.

Best opening: Death Note - The World

From the music, to the animation, to the symbolism this has to be the best opening i have ever seen. Watched it every single time i saw an episode, and that's saying something.

Best ending: Code Geass - Waga Routashi Aku no Hana

Ok this favoritism of mine is probably influenced by the fact that i just finished the series and am currently inloved with it. May have to update this later when i'm not influenced by the geass but it's still on my top 5 not just because of the music but also because of the great art work that comes with it.

Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

Set made by Ravona

Best opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YR4pehBKko&feature=fvst

I haven't seen Paradise Kiss, but the song grabbed my attention when I was playing StepMania. Awesome song, imo. :O

Best ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1c0mNvmxgE

You can't deny TTGL, ever. This song is plain awesome. Period.

Best opening: Eden of the East: Falling down

The only opening that I not only watch every episode, but re-watch every episode. Plus it has Oasis. In anime. 'Nuff said.

Other strong contenders would be good ol' Tank, Hit in America (crappy audio but it's the only one I can find) or the Baccano! opening Guns & Roses, which has apparently disappeared from the face of YouTube Then there's, of course, Lucky Star...

Yes, I'm aware that I'm posting too many alternatives.

As for best ending... Can't really decide, but Eden of the East comes pretty damn close there too.

EDIT.
    Updating already since I remembered another awesome opener... This one's less flashy than my other favourites, but all the more thrilling. Simplicity wins.
    Last edited by Fletcher; 06-30-2009 at 06:42 PM.

I don't have any favorite openings in particular, (although "The World" is truly one of the best.) but my favorite ending is "Make it Home from Monster. It truly fits into the atmosphere, and the animation really suits the song.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    For my favorite OP I gotta go with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dsOoUO_vk

Sengoku Basara is a show with so much energy and the OP is evident of that.

For my favorite ED I'm torn between two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKwH81csts

K-On! is full of great music. Don't Say "Lazy" makes that statement completely true. While not my favorite song from K-On! it still ties for my favorite ED.

As for the second one, well this song is so great that it should be a no-brainer that I included it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFO3reqgGJQ

TTGL is the greatest anime ever. It stands that it should have epic music to back it up. Love and peace, rock my song!

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    For my favorite ED I'm torn between two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKwH81csts

K-On! is full of great music. Don't Say "Lazy" makes that statement completely true. While not my favorite song from K-On! it still ties for my favorite ED.
    I actually have that on my mp3

Try not to repost vids please. If your choice has already been posted just quote from the one who posted it and say you agree and why.

Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

Set made by Ravona

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    Absolutely. I have that song on my phone

Favorite opening:
    Naruto Shippuden - Blue Bird <--- Really like the song. The best thing that came out of that god awful arc.

Favorite ending:
    Claymore - Danzai no Hana (Guilty Sky) <--- epic

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post
    Absolutely. I have that song on my phone

Favorite opening:
    Naruto Shippuden - Blue Bird <--- Really like the song. The best thing that came out of that god awful arc.
    Haha so true

By the way if you like the song, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZnTV7bs58

/Offtopic

Set made by Ravona

I love the Tsukihime OP, Sacred Moon
    It's sets the mood just right for such a sad story and I love the little flash of Nanaya Shiki(or is Roa? either way, he really is an evil bastard).

Best ED I can think of atm would be the ED from Wolf's Rain.
    Sakamoto Maaya - Gravity
    Not really fussed about the animation, but Sakamoto Maaya has a lovely voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Best ED I can think of atm would be the ED from Wolf's Rain.
    Sakamoto Maaya - Gravity
    Not really fussed about the animation, but Sakamoto Maaya has a lovely voice.
    Got to agree. My favorite OP was Sakamoto-san's Yakusoku wa Iranai from Tenkuu no Escaflowne. Could just be nostalgia of my younger days, though.

My favorite ending was L'Arc En Ciel Fourth Avenue Cafe from Rurouni Kenshin. Again, just could be nostalgia.