Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pretty good chapter. Racer's powers had a unique twist.

Midnight seems dangerous. Can't wait to see what he can do O_O. And yeah, I'm not seeing any bewbz, so I'm guessing Midnight's a guy.

So there's another "big news announcement" next issue. *hopes again for anime adaptation*

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post
    Pretty good chapter. Racer's powers had a unique twist.
    except that they already established that he had actual super speed before. bit of a plot hole perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    except that they already established that he had actual super speed before. bit of a plot hole perhaps?
    Not really, it was just part of his secret. His power was just sold that way so that his weakness wouldn't get exploited.

If his opponents knew the truth, Racer would get defeated all the time.

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Not really, it was just part of his secret. His power was just sold that way so that his weakness wouldn't get exploited.

If his opponents knew the truth, Racer would get defeated all the time.
    no, when he went to go get gerard's coffin. he says things like "that's a long way off, it'll take me an hour" and "it's a huge burden on my speed".

no, when he went to go get gerard's coffin. he says things like "that's a long way off, it'll take me an hour" and "it's a huge burden on my speed".
    You make a good point there.

A small hole in the plot used to conceal the truth from us, the readers.

Currently Reading:

You make a good point there.

A small hole in the plot used to conceal the truth from us, the readers.
    another point is, why didnt he slow down that ice arrow?...

p.s.: i think midnight is a girl...
    No Signature for You!

OMG midnight is so weird looking wtfwtfwtf <_<_<

Seriously... is it a guy or a girl, ASSUMING GIRL, if it's a guy that's like.... wtf

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Yeah, the translations right, it's cnet128 after all, but the Japanese didn't use male pronouns in this case, so we're still not sure.
    Indeed, it's always a hard thing for the translators to choose which word to use when translating if the character looks either like a man or woman.

The plot hole was shitty indeed.

They said he manipulates a given area range, he could just re-apply that again when he is about to leave that area range. And the reason why he got defeated was because he was too far away to either counter or deflect Gray's attack.

Another guess could be the range moves along with his body like for example a force field around a robot in an anime would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    another point is, why didnt he slow down that ice arrow?...

p.s.: i think midnight is a girl...
    Pretty much explained in the manga, his speed only applies to people and possibly objects within that range.

He was actually as fast as any other person outside of that range.

Take in mind, fired arrows are fast. And due to Gray being outside of his range it gives the chance to attack as fast as racer would do within his area. So the effect was turned against him and that was too fast for him too handle. There was no way he could get out of that situation.
    Last edited by Jinoh; 06-24-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Yeah what was up with the Gerard gettin' thing... Yet the ice wall did stop him...

I think he can only change peoples perception of him and his speed, not magic or inanimate objects. So in a way all the ice shot at him missed him because he changed their reaction speed or something? IDK im confused o_O

Cool chapter though, but too bad for Leon, and the doll chick keeps gettin pwned its not cool anymore -_-"
    A pie in the sky?