Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    But thats what graffiti is. It's the kind of art that forces other people to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    If their only was a manga series about Graffiti, oh wait their is itts called Spray King...
    if only i knew where to get some more new scanlations -.-'
    btw, congratulation mr.death for your interview in MH, i was surprised that you didnt said "i hate you"... it isnt like you at all xD

btw... people go read Spray King, it's awesome (or at least the graffitis are )

back on-topic, sure some graffitis look nice when you arent the victim, some of the graffitis are awesome and could be seen just like another public piece of art, if you know what i mean, and there are anothers that arent only a piece of art, but are also a mean of protest, just like hagane said, but i must disagree with hagane when someone invades private property to self express, i mean there are other means to self express... and if you are going to grafiiti something at least do something really good, tags and all that BS doesnt make it to me

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

graffiti is an art form, but that doesn't make it not vandalism. you can't say banksy's works aren't art, but you can't say its not vandalism either. i know there are some places where you can tag a wall legally, i think i heard of one in australia

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

Quote Originally Posted by tatsukai1990 View Post
    graffiti is an art form, but that doesn't make it not vandalism. you can't say banksy's works aren't art, but you can't say its not vandalism either. i know there are some places where you can tag a wall legally, i think i heard of one in australia
    I find some of his work to be pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by eazybrowniemix View Post
    But thats what graffiti is. It's the kind of art that forces other people to look at it.
    Street fights work that way too, right?.

Anyhow, it's a little bit self conceited to say, "I'm an Artist, you have to eat it baby".

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Street fights work that way too, right?.

Anyhow, it's a little bit self conceited to say, "I'm an Artist, you have to eat it baby".
    Like they care. As long as someone can at least acknowledge their art then they've won.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I see graffiti as advertising or media that is not always art, but can be transformed by an artist into art. The act of graffiti can be lawful when given the apprpriate and sanctioned area to work, or unlawful with the mentioned vandalism. But tha is irrelevant to its artistic qualities.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by eazybrowniemix View Post
    I find some of his work to be pretty funny.
    his stuff is hilarious

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

Veteran Member
    Personally, I hate the stupid little scribbles and tags that cover a lot of the buildings, especially around Melbourne. Others are quite colorful, and must have taken a lot of work and skill, so I like them- but I don't own the fence or building so I don't have to deal with seeing it everyday.

There's also the cost of grafitti cleaning to consider, which the average taxpayer tends to pay for. In that retrospect I consider grafitti to be vandalism, no matter how pretty it is. Unless you pay to clean it off if the owner wishes to have it cleaned off, that's vandalism. Otherwise you are, as some others have suggested, "forcing" your art on others.

Beer and Music
    Graffiti is the shit!
    I've been practicing lately, bought a lot of plywood and practice on there, and not like, that gang stuiff graffiti, I mean real graffiti, the cool stuff