Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Beer and Music
    Even if u use an eraser, its noticable, maybe not to regular ppl, but to ppl that actually draw or know art, they would know that u erased
    As for me, if I messed up in color or something, id start over, even in linear art there's been times. When I just crumble the paper up n throw it away. Like this linear I recently did, the third hokage, I was already done drawing him, but I threw it away cause the eyes were abit off.
    (Btw, when I say linear, I'm not talking about Ps linear)

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I know a very good artist, that uses the digital medium as his tool. He manipulates photoshop prodigiously, and puts thought behind every single action/line/curve he creates. He produces works of art via digital medium because he has a deep pasion and understanding of his art and his medium, and is able to use his artwork as a part of a cultuaral movement (atleast within my neiborhood and school) to influence heavily, the thoughts and actions of his audience.

The point of this story is to illustrate my philosophy of what true art is and how its done: True art is discovered art, not learned art. It is a personal jorney, that has no pinnicle. He only subjected himself to a discipline to polish his skills, work with other artists, and expand his understanding of the art world. But that did no make him an artist. His work is authentic, because he understands what who he is, and what it is he wants to show people through art. I value his work not based on the amount of effort or technical merit, but by the sincerity and appliance of his heart and soul into every creation. How he did it is less significant to its effect and beauty, which is what I think you guys are trying to emphasize on when determining the artistic value of a particular form of art.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

*Swings in with a cape*
    So for some god forsaken reason, this thread has been the subject of a lot of controversy.

Here are my decisions:
    Juice's infraction for insulting members has been reversed.
    Imotochan's post was in no way off topic, and was actually very relevant to the topic.
    This thread has outlived it's purpose and will now be closed.
    It is really simply a topic about a newer generation of art and the unwillingness for some elitists to accept that art due to the fact that technology plays a hand in making such art "easier." However, it seems to be the general consensus that art, is art. The posts are getting redundant and eventually, when there's nothing left to say, that's when spam/useless posts come in.

If you have a problem with this, PM me, and I say PM, not bitch about it on my profile page, or anyone else's.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!