Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83
  1. #61
    Music With Rocks In Binky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    623
    The end result is all that matters. The point at which someone becomes an artist is when they can produce something evocative and meaningful, the means they use to create it is irrelevant. Art is supposed to be about more than mere draftsmanship, it is about creativity and then using some means to allow your vision to be shown to other people, how you do it is less relevant than that you do.

    Technical skill is not and never will be a key component of what defines an artist save that it may help that artist better convey their message.

  2. #62
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    The end result is all that matters. The point at which someone becomes an artist is when they can produce something evocative and meaningful, the means they use to create it is irrelevant. Art is supposed to be about more than mere draftsmanship, it is about creativity and then using some means to allow your vision to be shown to other people, how you do it is less relevant than that you do.

    Technical skill is not and never will be a key component of what defines an artist save that it may help that artist better convey their message.
    I can honestly say that this post should mean /thread. Well said Binky, well said. I agree 100%.


    Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

    Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

    MyAnimeList MyMangaList

  3. #63
    Veteran Member Rift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,334
    Plus, for most [if not all artists I know], digital art pretty much always start traditionally and then that is transferred digitally via a scanner.

    Anyways, I think the point of the thread got lost a long time ago. It was more about which "side" were you on personally rather than which is better or which requires more skill.

    That said: I enjoy both forms, and any digital art I work on always start on paper. I however, get greater satisfaction when completing a piece traditionally.

    Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

  4. #64
    "Hot-Headed Guy" eXplosiveMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Well no, Digital art is around me more.
    Computer games, anime, ect...
    most of that start from a white, clean paper page... or napkin whatever is at hand when you have an idea!!!

    i think there is one superior method of creating art, since what differs the two is the tools you use, and as it was stated before, great pieces of art can be achieved from different methods!
    Of course some of you might think that digital art is more clean and all, and traditional art sometimes is more detailed, or has more into it, but are still art, people still needed to train, and achieve the skills to do that, of course when we are talking about digital art we arent talking about joining some pics in photoshop and create cool stuff but rather creating something from scratch (of course there are some exceptions, but you got my point, sigs, walpapers and that arent exactly art, at least in my eyes)


    ~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

  5. #65
    Veteran Member tatsukai1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    hawaii
    Posts
    1,494
    there are a lot of pages, and i don't wanna read all of them, so im just going to say that both are art forms, and creativity through art has many different outlets. i do prefer traditional "pen and paper" art though.

    made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

  6. #66
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    The end result is all that matters. The point at which someone becomes an artist is when they can produce something evocative and meaningful, the means they use to create it is irrelevant. Art is supposed to be about more than mere draftsmanship, it is about creativity and then using some means to allow your vision to be shown to other people, how you do it is less relevant than that you do.

    Technical skill is not and never will be a key component of what defines an artist save that it may help that artist better convey their message.
    Jeez thankyou! This is what I've been trying to say all along.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

  7. #67
    Senior Member ydoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA carrollton
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Technical skill is not and never will be a key component of what defines an artist save that it may help that artist better convey their message.
    If this is true then why do people view Digital art as less valueble, they see digital art they think its beatiful but wouldnt pay a dime for it often because they feel the artist "Had it to easy in making it" no cost for supplies no cost for a canvas and no cost to reproduce the original. Anyone on these forums if given the chance to buy a digital art piece would probably just google search and find a place to download it.

  8. #68
    [̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅] guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    in your hearts
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    If this is true then why do people view Digital art as less valueble, they see digital art they think its beatiful but wouldnt pay a dime for it often because they feel the artist "Had it to easy in making it" no cost for supplies no cost for a canvas and no cost to reproduce the original. Anyone on these forums if given the chance to buy a digital art piece would probably just google search and find a place to download it.
    it maybe true that digital works are easier to copy but why is that a bad thing? it gets viral and more people have a chance to look at the artwork's message.

    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

  9. #69
    Senior Member ydoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA carrollton
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    it maybe true that digital works are easier to copy but why is that a bad thing? it gets viral and more people have a chance to look at the artwork's message.
    good point didnt think of it that way. However the artist who made the picture is lost in the fray often people will photoshop out there signature and any credit to the artist is lost.

  10. #70
    [̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅] guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    in your hearts
    Posts
    2,658
    yeah for regular people that maybe true in both the digital and traditional world, but for digital artists david lachapelle who have been recognized by the art community, their artworks are pretty much safe. you cant go around masquerading his artworks as yours. well you could but there would be consequences, just like there would be if you took some traditional artists' work and claim it as your own.

    and dont look up david lachapelles stuff at work, its not safe

    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •