Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    So which is better? I'd say the traditional art. It's the most basic, the foundation of Digital Art. Digital art has its own good points (consistency, unlimited paint, etc.) but nothing beats the feel of the paper, ink, eraser and paint on my hand when making art.
    As you've demonstrated, its up to the artist to decide for his/her self which one is more suited fot their needs. Traditional art isnt neccesarily the foundation for digi art. Traditional art in essence, is digi art. You only approach each with a different set of methods and skills(acquired from either self training or discipline).
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

I cant find the website, but to make up for it, I've compiled my favorite digi artists for you to search for:

Fred forset
    San Base
    Pascal Dombis
    Lilian Schwartz(hope I spelled it right)
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    As you've demonstrated, its up to the artist to decide for his/her self which one is more suited fot their needs. Traditional art isnt necessarily the foundation for digi art. Traditional art in essence, is digi art. You only approach each with a different set of methods and skills(acquired from either self training or discipline).
    Its not only up to the artist. But the audience as well.

They are both art. I see digital art as a newer form of art. I don't have a preference on either of them, they are both equally appealing to me. However, I think digital art is more accessible than the traditional one and therefore it is the kind I, or perhaps most of us, have the most contact.
    As must as they are both art, I believe traditional requires more skills. On a piece of paper, you always have to redraw if you are dissatisfied. You can't just move a part like this one. And you don't have modes or filters to help you in colouring. Everything has to be created directly by hand on a piece of traditional art.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyki Mikk Kyou View Post
    They are both art. I see digital art as a newer form of art. I don't have a preference on either of them, they are both equally appealing to me. However, I think digital art is more accessible than the traditional one and therefore it is the kind I, or perhaps most of us, have the most contact.
    As must as they are both art, I believe traditional requires more skills. On a piece of paper, you always have to redraw if you are dissatisfied. You can't just move a part like this one. And you don't have modes or filters to help you in colouring. Everything has to be created directly by hand on a piece of traditional art.
    And by this argument. Digital art is more forgiven to the artist than a work by an traditional artist. And don't get me wrong I don't knock digital art. I just don't hold it up to high regards as I do with traditional art. Unless its a picture of Ten Ten. But thats a whole different matter at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Its not only up to the artist. But the audience as well.
    The audience can play certain roles of directing or challenging an artists ideas, but never dictate what the preferece of style or form for an artist has to be. Art can be created for the audience, or an audience can be created by the artwork.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    And by this argument. Digital art is more forgiven to the artist than a work by an traditional artist. And don't get me wrong I don't knock digital art. I just don't hold it up to high regards as I do with traditional art. Unless its a picture of Ten Ten. But thats a whole different matter at hand.
    I won't deny the fact that the process of creating digital art is easier to than that of tradition art. However, digital art can be as amazing as the tradition ones. An example would be this one. To view it you have to download the programme, Oc, and the event file (below the picture, click the right one). After that you drag the event file to the programme and it will start the play back of the drawing process. I believe (can't remember well) this one is all drawn with a tablet with no effects added but it still looks like a photograph.

Be warned, once you downloaded the trail version, it will start the 30 days or 30 opens count down. After those limits, some features are taken away unless you purchase it.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

The audience can play certain roles of directing or challenging an artists ideas, but never dictate what the preferece of style or form for an artist has to be. Art can be created for the audience, or an audience can be created by the artwork.

Not necessarily. There are more critiques to traditional art than digital art. The final results of digital art depends on the printer and ink used. Traditional has a harder process for critiquing

Quote Originally Posted by Tyki Mikk Kyou View Post
    I won't deny the fact that the process of creating digital art is easier to than that of tradition art. However, digital art can be as amazing as the tradition ones. An example would be this one. To view it you have to download the programme, Oc, and the event file (below the picture, click the right one). After that you drag the event file to the programme and it will start the play back of the drawing process. I believe (can't remember well) this one is all drawn with a tablet with no effects added but it still looks like a photograph.

Be warned, once you downloaded the trail version, it will start the 30 days or 30 opens count down. After those limits, some features are taken away unless you purchase it.
    Meh not worth going through all the hassle. let me know when he uploads it to youtube.

Not necessarily. There are more critiques to traditional art than digital art. The final results of digital art depends on the printer and ink used. Traditional has a harder process for critiquing
    The critique is only valid, if it touches upon the criteria the artist was trying to fufil. This is exactly the same with digi art. There is also something called tradigital art, which combines elements from both trad and digital art, so the criteria for traditonal art can also apply for digi art in the context of traditional art. This is all collected in the field of fine arts, if you want to regard digital art on the same level as trad art.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

As you've demonstrated, its up to the artist to decide for his/her self which one is more suited fot their needs. Traditional art isnt neccesarily the foundation for digi art. Traditional art in essence, is digi art. You only approach each with a different set of methods and skills(acquired from either self training or discipline).
    I think I understand what you mean by "traditional art" through the meaning written on the first post. However, traditional art need not be digital art as digital art not necessarily be traditional art. So, Traditional art in essence, can also be Digital art, not "is digi art."

So if I follow correctly, I should have said that I'm the Traditionalist as I prefer the feel of paper, ink and paint on my hand over mouse, keyboard and monitor.