Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    just to show i am not making up peoples beliefs that digital art is infeiror to trad art, although this is not my opinion here is a deviant art topic on the same subject with quite few pages

http://forum.deviantart.com/community/art/750281/

Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    If this is true then why do people view Digital art as less valueble, they see digital art they think its beatiful but wouldnt pay a dime for it often because they feel the artist "Had it to easy in making it" no cost for supplies no cost for a canvas and no cost to reproduce the original. Anyone on these forums if given the chance to buy a digital art piece would probably just google search and find a place to download it.
    But Photoshop still costs 1000+ euros, drawing software like adobe illustrator or corel draw cost like 100-250 euros if I remember correctly and a drawing tablet or other drawing device cost between 50-1500 or maybe even more euros.

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    But Photoshop still costs 1000+ euros, drawing software like adobe illustrator or corel draw cost like 100-250 euros if I remember correctly and a drawing tablet or other drawing device cost between 50-1500 or maybe even more euros.
    i am with you on the drawing tablet, but i dont know a single person who actually bought photoshop XD, if you know one introduce me.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    If this is true then why do people view Digital art as less valueble, they see digital art they think its beatiful but wouldnt pay a dime for it often because they feel the artist "Had it to easy in making it" no cost for supplies no cost for a canvas and no cost to reproduce the original. Anyone on these forums if given the chance to buy a digital art piece would probably just google search and find a place to download it.
    Its not tantamount to its artistic value. Its because trad artwork typically is a resource that isnt reproduced because that process lowers its original quality whereas digi art, it can easily be digitally reproduced, but the art is still art, no matter what its sales are. The monetary value, and the need for special preservation methods is what adds more value to a piece of trad artwork in terms of its price.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

i am with you on the drawing tablet, but i dont know a single person who actually bought photoshop XD, if you know one introduce me.
    Yeah, pirated illustrative/design software is really easy to get. But I will honestly believe that the true artists/designers that make a living out of their digital work do not pirate the software. But yeah, there might be some of them who actually do pirate the software. Which would be a shame.

Oh, and I believe DFX did but with a discount of some sort.

I thought i would get the opinion of an older person and his response to the question "Which do you like better or which do you prefer digital art or trad art"

He stated "Traditional art, dont get me wrong digital art has its place but in terms of movies, cartoons and paintings i prefer trad." he really wouldnt state why, but he said he liked the movie Heavy metal which was traditonal art, but would not have liked it if it were digital instead.
    Last edited by ydoc; 06-19-2009 at 04:54 PM.

There must be someone who buys Photoshop or else Adobe would've gone out of business.

Anyway, it's not really about the cost of the tools, but of the learning of the technique. Learning how to use a Photoshop tool/texture is way easier than learning how to use most mediums of traditional art. If you've learned how to do one type of texture, you're almost all the way through learning all the other textures.

Besides, if you mess up in Photoshop you can always undo and edit. In trad art, if you messed up, your artistic insight may be lost forever without you being able to repeat it.

There's a reason why most serious traditional artists stick to one or two media, mastering one is not easy.

I'm posting this, because after reading some of the previous posts, it seems like some of you believe that people who use computers for their art are cheating in some sort of way.

This Norio pic was drawn by udk (the guy behind the abgrund doujin circle), it was done completely using photoshop and a tablet, even the rough sketch for it will have been done on a layer, before the deeper lines and the colours were added.
    I don't see how any less effort has gone into it than drawing with a pencil and paper :/

If anything, I'd say more effort went into it, drawing with a tablet takes a very steady hand compared to drawing with a pencil.

So, when he inevitably messed up the coloring on one spot and thought it didn't look to good, did he have to do the entire thing, line art, colors and all, all over again, without leaving any trace of the error?

there is the eraser or the white paint in traditional art

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.