Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    The critique is only valid, if it touches upon the criteria the artist was trying to fufil. This is exactly the same with digi art. There is also something called tradigital art, which combines elements from both trad and digital art, so the criteria for traditonal art can also apply for digi art in the context of traditional art. This is all collected in the field of fine arts, if you want to regard digital art on the same level as trad art.
    tradigital art consists of taking traditional art and transferring it to a computer where its later modded or edited is what i should be saying.

I gather an original piece of art drawn using a tablet and paint tool sai counts as digital art?

If that's the case, then I think "traditional" art is pretty obsolete now. I love browsing through pixiv (most of the stuff on there is done using Sai and finishing touches done with PS) looking at all the new stuff every morning, alot of the people on there are absolutely brilliant artists, Sayori for example, his Neko Works pieces are great and he's a true pro with Sai.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    I gather an original piece of art drawn using a tablet and paint tool sai counts as digital art?

If that's the case, then I think "traditional" art is pretty obsolete now. I love browsing through pixiv (most of the stuff on there is done using Sai and finishing touches done with PS) looking at all the new stuff every morning, alot of the people on there are absolutely are brilliant artists, Sayori for example, his Neko Works pieces are great and he's a true pro with Sai.
    How can traditional art be obsolete when its around you everyday? You may need to use a new adjective to describe that.

Well no, Digital art is around me more.
    Computer games, anime, ect...

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by line View Post
    I think I understand what you mean by "traditional art" through the meaning written on the first post. However, traditional art need not be digital art as digital art not necessarily be traditional art. So, Traditional art in essence, can also be Digital art, not "is digi art."

So if I follow correctly, I should have said that I'm the Traditionalist as I prefer the feel of paper, ink and paint on my hand over mouse, keyboard and monitor.
    Yes that is correct. Digi art in essence can be trad art, depending on what you implemen, hece tradigital art. It can also be used to complement each other in mixed media.

And by the way you passionately speak about how using the mediums of pencil paper etc. makes you feel, I guess you are a traditionalist. But I dont like to label people, so I leave it up to you to define what your style is.

edit:

Traditional art is not obsolete. Traditonal art, along with other art related to it, utilize elements and principles that exist even within digi art.

tradigital art consists of taking traditional art and transferring it to a computer where its later modded or edited is what i should be saying.
    That isnt absolutely true. That art form uses techniques from both fields to produce artwork. An example would be using a digital back ground(or somehing), printing it on metal(or something), and then augmenting it with traditional techniques that can include sculpture(or something)techniques. It is essentially mixed media.
    Last edited by Stev3child; 06-18-2009 at 07:04 AM.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

And by the way you passionately speak about how using the mediums of pencil paper etc. makes you feel, I guess you are a traditionalist. But I dont like to label people, so I leave it up to you to define what your style is.
    You can say that I really am traditionalist....I do digi art when web designing since it's more convenient..Everything else, it's with pen and paper..

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by line View Post
    You can say that I really am traditionalist....I do digi art when web designing since it's more convenient..Everything else, it's with pen and paper..
    Im also a trad artist per se. But I also have high respects to my fellow digital bretheren who put their heart and soul into mastering and expaning their craft.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Well no, Digital art is around me more.
    Computer games, anime, ect...
    So you don't read manga?

Also:

Im also a trad artist per se. But I also have high respects to my fellow digital bretheren who put their heart and soul into mastering and expaning their craft.
    I share this same ideal as well. But I would prefer art that is drawn by hand than digital.

Like the avatar Redpan made me. Or the itachi drawing enat did for me.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 06-18-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Ok, maybe obsolete was too strong of a word.

Although, even manga goes through a digital stage and alot of doujin circles such as Magnolia and Abgrund do their manga completely on computers.

I believe both are art as long as its purpose is to communicate and strikes emotions.

However, if I was given a choice between a good piece of digital art compared to a good piece of traditional art, I'd go with the latter for a couple of reasons:
    1. I know that the traditional artwork had more work put into it.
    2. I know that the traditional artwork is unique.