Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bleach Does Yoruichi have a Zanpakuto?

In Viz's dubbed version of Bleach - episode 42, Yourichi herself explains the qualifications of becoming a captain of the court guard.

Yoruichi - "before any Soul Reaper can become a captain he or she must have mastered both of these Zanpakutō releases (shikai and bankai)," she goes on to say "...except for one (Kenpachi Zaraki) every squad captain of the court guard has always had to first master benkai. " Yoruichi gets more specific when she says "...As far as I know in all the vast history of the Soul Society Kenpachi is the only one to ever to become captain with out first achieving bankai..."

Since Yoruichi was the former "2nd division captain" she has a sword and has achieved shikai and bankai. All the the proof is right there in episode 42. This means Soi fon herself has a bankai release too, and the same holds true for Isshin.

Let me hear if you agree or not?

Talking yes that is true

but maybe she lose it (joke) but she can lied , she can sold it on ebay , there are a lot of possibilities

Have there ever been any doubt wether Yoruichi or SoiFon have bankai?

I can understand that up untill we knew for sure that if Yoruichi had been a captain or not it wasnt 100% certain, but now its clear.

As you said yourself, Kenpachi is the only one that hasnt got a Bankai of the captains and im pretty sure(cant be 100%) that no captain before him have been the same, so we can assume captai = bankai

Yes, there has been a doubt to whether she even had a sword?! Yeah, I thought of the fact that she could have lied, but there was no reason for her to lie? The fact still reminds we have not seen Yoruichi with a sword up till now. (only in 2 quick flashbacks is Yoruichi even shown carrying a sword, once with Urahara when they where kids and once with Soifon when she was a kid.)
    Last edited by soifongx; 04-05-2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: left out 2 words

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    simply cuz there is no need:
    yoruichi is already hella strong without her zanpaktou so she probably didn't even felt the need to carry it around with her since she was the fist combat type originally anyway.

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Maybe when she fled SS and transformed into a cat she couldn't carry it, obviously. Maybe she lost it, or hasn't retrieved it yet. Maybe in this arc she'll grab it out from under a rock and kick ass. We know she had one though. Its said when she was in Soi Fons position. She need only to draw her sword for her unit to appear.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

maybe her bankai let's her transform into that cat....... ever think of that!?

Quote Originally Posted by ByaKuya_ View Post
    maybe her bankai let's her transform into that cat....... ever think of that!?
    No, her shikai turns her into a cat with no voice, her bankai allows her to have a male voice while in her transformed state.

bleh ... i never understood why she has superstrength though , i mean i understand God of flash yoruichi but how the hell is she so strong lol did you see the ep where she kicks yami's ass with barely any effort ...

Well it was explained that shinigamis have 4 ways to improve. The flash steps, hand to hand, sword fighting and daemon arts.

I think its only logical that should one captain class shinigami focus on hand to hand he/she would be able to kick yamis ass no problem