Hybrid View

Veteran Member

Need website help-to change America

fixed the title... ~zidane

I need someone good at making a website and forum. Basically my goal is to change america into a Direct Democracy, where you dont elect people to vote for you on issues, YOU vote for the issues.

Until now, a DD would have been impossible due to the massive amounts of people who would participate. There would be too much frustration and work to deal with counting everyones votes on the given topics at hand. Thanks to the greatest invention in my eyes, the internet, everyone can voice their opinion and have it counted in an instant without all the hassle.

Now I could go on for pages describing how it would work, overcoming foreseeable problems (such as hackers, corruption, etc.), but I would rather put my efforts into the site.

Basically I want a forum with as many subsections as possible and to be able to organize it to my liking. After creating a good structure, open it to the public and have them give their thoughts in a section on how to better improve the idea and etc.

I am willing to fund the site, I just need someone to help me get this started. I had over a week traveling cross country to think about this and i have come up with many ideas of how to structure it and solutions to problems which will occur.
    Last edited by zidane21ps; 06-15-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Spoiler!

Banned
    I am willing to at least entertain this idea from a discussion standpoint if you actually specify how you would overcome such issues.

Veteran Member
    well, first of all the edit of my post doesnt work until you click on the link, so it says merica x(

second, as far as structure of the forum goes there would be 3 main sections for voting- 1. Regional 2.State and 3.Federal (sort of how our govt is supposed to work)

in each section there would be other subsections. one for introducing ideas/legislation/issues that needs or is thought needed to be dealt with. after a certain number of supporters are behind it, it would be moved into another section on which it is further discussed and someone is voted to either draft or revise said legislation. after enough deliberation under a specified time period it moves onto the next section-the final voting on it.

the main page of the site would have a few tabs upon which would have FAQ, an Overview of what is trying to be accomplished, another describing How it could be accomplished, and etc.

this is a very simple, overview on the general idea. there are so many other issues which would be taken into consideration i.e. Voter eligibility, how to get everyone the ability to vote, and many more

as I said before, instead of me spending hours and hours describing every little bit, how about I can either answer any questions or someone just help me put up a site and a forum along with it and they can not just see, but help a revolution in the making.

Do not forget this is a country by the people, for the people, and of the people. If enough people feel like having the ability to actually have a voice in how the government acts we could dissolve the senate and become it. (not to say thats a goal, but the power of the people would strip the senate of most of its powers)
    Spoiler!

I know this isn't a discussion thread but I could easily create a website and forum for you. But the reason is why? We tried this looooooooooooooong in the past and it didn't work. Thats why our government is structured for us to elect a representative to be our voice.

The problem is no one writes to their Senator when they have a real issue. Instead they pout and hold it in. And voice their feelings during election time or in town meetings. The Governor hears this and takes it to the Senate or House of Rep member where he/she presents it in Congress.

The government is working fine. Its just too many shady politicians and people not properly choosing them on their politics. But instead on their fancy wordings.

I'll wait for a reply.

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Good Luck Anarchis, I support your effort. Though I cant help you with your webside.

Anyway go and revolutionazie America with Hand Banana.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Beer and Music
    I really like n support ur idea anarchris, but its something that most likely will not work, a few months ago before I graduated from high school I was in this class that taught me several computer program techniques, I can help you with some webmaster stuff if ud like

Now we're going to cut out the voice of people who don't have internet access or are confused by the internet? All it would do is shift who has a voice.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan

do it like che
    Those who wander aren't always lost.