Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Graffiti: Art or Vandalism?

i just came from the Digital art vs.Traditional art thread, when i got the idea od creating a thread about graffiti, what are you thoughts....

Graffiti... art or vandalism???

who of us doesnt hate watching some awfull, writings on the train or some wall in the way of school/work, with stupid messages, like "suck my d1Ck", "Fuck u", "i love [insert random girl name here]".... you get the point.

Of course you may argue that some of the graffiti's are piece's of art, just look at banksy for example, but dont you think its wrong starting painting something you dont own, invading private property???

go and DISCUSS

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Graffiti-style art is beautiful. But painting on something that isn't yours (such as a garage door or side of a building), then yes of course it's vandalism, but art nonetheless.

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

I see graffiti as another form of art and one of my favorites. I always feel like i'm going through an art museum whenever I pass a train or a bridge, and I imagine how long it could of taken for that person to complete that piece.

Quote Originally Posted by eazybrowniemix View Post
    I see graffiti as another form of art and one of my favorites. I always feel like i'm going through an art museum whenever I pass a train or a bridge, and I imagine how long it could of taken for that person to complete that piece.
    You should invite them to paint on your car then.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

that would be nice.

If their only was a manga series about Graffiti, oh wait their is itts called Spray King...

Decidedly Undecided
    To those who believe in the freedom of self-expression(which, unfortunately, is being watered down lately), graffiti is considered an art form. I happen to be one of those individuls.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

On the one hand I like graffiti, but I despise it when people write BS like eXplosiveMind mentioned. But they have to tag places where they are allowed to. I really don't want to come out an see my house or garage full of graffiti.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    On the one hand I like graffiti, but I despise it when people write BS like eXplosiveMind mentioned. But they have to tag places where they are allowed to. I really don't want to come out an see my house or garage full of graffiti.
    Seriously, If my house gets painted and I don't get a stroke and die first, I'll make sure the "Artist" who did it get a stroke or worse.

Honestly any real artist should get his own canvas and let people decide if they appreciate his work. This is better than forcing everyone to see your "art", even if they really really hate it.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I think it depends on a couple things...like the intention of the artist...I mean I wouldn't call random tags spray-painted by bored/rebellious 13 year olds on the back of a grocery store art, because they're probably just doing it out of boredom/adolescent angst (at least that's what they were like where I grew up), but there are some really beautiful murals that have been painted around the city where I live that I would definitely classify as art. Of course I wouldn't want to wake up one morning and find my my car all painted on, but some graffiti is really nicely done.