Hybrid View

Paragon of Style MinatoCollectionAT's Avatar

Misawa Passes Away

Some of you may actually know who he is...

...millions in Japan do. And today they mourn.

In a place where professional wrestling is honored as legitimate sport, one of its most influential figures has passed away. Mitsuharu Misawa, the founder and head booker of NOAH Puroresu, died Saturday night in Japan at the age of 46.

Reports say that Misawa was teaming up with Go Shiozaki against Bison Smith and Akitoshi Saito for the GHC tag team belts when a back suplex in which he landed on his head, left Misawa unconscious in the ring.

He was taken to the hospital shortly thereafter but doctors were unable to revive him as his heart stopped while in the ring.

As a fan of Puroresu, whose forum moniker is taken in part from puroresu, I am deeply saddened. The impact this has on the wrestling community is similar to that of Ric Flair dying in the ring while in Charlotte, North Carolina.

As a friend of a few workers that have had the privilege of working with Misawa, I remain the friend I have always been and vow to help them through this tragedy. No one that I know has ever had a bad thing to say about Misawa, and hold him in the highest regard. Chris was actually working there tonight and cried at his feet as they stretchered him away.

I offer a link...for me, it is still difficult to watch. The crowd...the workers...the somber emotion is unparalleled by any I've witnessed in my 20+ years as a wrestling fan...surpassing Owen's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SwVAdZydjk

...Misawa...was the most decorated wrestler, from a quality of work standpoint, of all time. Of the 65 matches to earn the coveted "five star" rating by the Wrestling Observer since 1983...Misawa was involved in 24 of them.

Rest in Peace, Misawa-san. A community, a country, and a world mourns.
    We talkin' bout Flea Market!-

"Living room, bedroom, dinette, we got it, you need it!"

"Can you defeat such style?"
    http://minato-at.mybrute.com

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Damn, its always disheartening when a participant in such activities, are either gravely injured, or die in the efforts to excite and entertain their viewers. I really never got into japanese wrestling, but from the matches I've seen, he was highly regarded for a reason.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar
    i feel for ur loss my good sir, a few months ago we here at MS were burdened with a loss of one of our most vibrant and all around great members.
    (

I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

Paragon of Style MinatoCollectionAT's Avatar
    To put into perspective just how big a deal this death was, an article on it was available on ESPN.com's front page.

It wasn't an "evil wrestling" article either, which really made me happy. The man had earned worldwide respect.

Current WWE World Heavyweight Champion, CM Punk honored Misawa this week and had some really nice things to say on his site.

http://cmpunk.com/in-memory-of-misawa/146

I implore anyone to watch a match or two of his. It more than likely won't be subtitled, but I don't think most of us would mind. If you aren't a fan of wrestling, this may change your mind.

...the man was that good.
    We talkin' bout Flea Market!-

"Living room, bedroom, dinette, we got it, you need it!"

"Can you defeat such style?"
    http://minato-at.mybrute.com

Beer and Music
    I've been a wrestling fan since I was little, like 7 yrs old, and yeah..damn that sucks, I didn't hear about this

Decidedly Undecided
    Wow. That sucks. I've been a wrestling fan for years, and I must say this is one of the more shocking deaths, right up there with Eddie Guererro and Owen Hart.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by MinatoCollectionAT View Post
    The impact this has on the wrestling community is similar to that of Ric Flair dying in the ring while in Charlotte, North Carolina.
    I thought from that statement that Ric Flair had died (which was odd, as I saw him on WWE a month or so ago), so I spent some time googling it up. Looks like I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Wow. That sucks. I've been a wrestling fan for years, and I must say this is one of the more shocking deaths, right up there with Eddie Guererro and Owen Hart.
    At least Eddie Guerrero didn't die in the ring... It's sad indeed when an act meant to entertain goes wrong.