Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Beer and Music

The World Ends With You

I searched this forum section to see if anyone had made a thread about this game back in 08', but it seems no one did nor has, so I'm honored to start one for one of the BEST nintendo Ds games of all time.

The "The World Ends With You" is an Action Role Playing Game created by Square Enix and Tetsuya Nomura, creators of thhe Final Fantasy Series and The Kingdom Hearts Franchise. Its game-play takes full adavantage of the nintendo Ds such as the dual screen battling system, able to blow or shout into the microphone and ofcourse, the touch screen. TWEWY(game title). Has been awarded by many game magazines and websites for game of the month, best ds game, best story line, best art, best soundtrack, unique gameplay, and of the best games of 2008 (When the game was released), and it holds a record of being Japan's second best selling ds title, while in the US its the top selling Ds title.

Plot
    The game takes place in a fictional version of the Shibuya shopping distric in Tokyo, Japan. while everyday life goes on in the Realground(RG), the chosen dead are brought to an alterate plane of existence called the Underground (UG). the UG is also the venue for the reaper's Game. By offering their most treasured possession to enter the Game, the dead (Players) gain the chance to contest for the prize: to be brough back to life or to transcend to a higher form of spiritual existence. Most of those who choose to transcend become Reapers, the opponents of Players in future Games. Lasting a week, each Game is a contest to judge the worth of humanity. Players set out to accomplish objectives under the rules created by the Composer, who is a god-like entity who maintains Shibuya. Another Reaper, the Conductor, tasks other Reapers to obstruct the Players' efforts. Failure to complete a mission will disperse the mind and spirit of the Player or Reaper, thus erasing his or her existence.
    A Player in the UG is invisible to the living in the RG, though one can sometimes read and and influence their thoughts. The UG is frequented by creatures called "Noice", which are attracted by the negative feelings of the living. To progress in the Reapers' Game, Players are often required to defeat Noise by killing or "erasing" them. However, each Noise exists in two "zones" simultaneously, and can only be defeated by two Players fighting the Noise from separate zones; Players are therefore required to form a pact with another Player to survive the Noise. Players receive assignments via textmessages sent to their cell phones, and their right hands are imprinted with a countdown indicating the time left in the mission. After a day's mission is complete, the remaining Players find themselves at the start of the next day's mission, appearing as if they have skipped ahead in time.

My Personal Review
    This game is..AMAZING, very challenging to completeand very entertaining. Although I enjoy playing Pokemon on my DS, TWEWY makes me forget about pokemon and sucks me in into its enique gameplay n trippy story line. Anyone who seeks for good Ds games, try this game out, u won't regret it, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys Action RPG's and games that make you think as this game doesn't always give you dead-on hints. Even people who enjoy games with good music will like this game, I've never been a fan of pop, electronica nor japanese music but this game actually changed my music views, this game also includes so rap. And the art, oh man..I love it, although they used a Flash style with their cut scenes, its understable when Square Enix used every bit of memory into the gameplay and music, plus it fit perfect the way they made this genius game. Another thing I love about this game is the heavy used graffiti in this game, its just amazing.
    And well that's my opinion on this game..

Again, I recommend this game to any gamer.

Some Game info and the Plot section was off Wikipedia, anyone who would like to read more about the story:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Ends_With_You

One thing that interested me was the artwork. I love tetsuya nomura's art. I never would of thought this would be a good game.
    Last edited by eazybrowniemix; 06-13-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Gah ... how did I miss this game?? runs to local Wal-Mart

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Decidedly Undecided
    Meh, I heard of it, a friend owns it, I borrowed it...I can't say I didn't enjoy it,. but it's only worth a rental, imo...

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    From what I've played of it it's a good game. I haven't played much though since I've been distracted by replaying other games I own. Maybe I should really get around to playing it....

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I have 100% on the noise list and I think I have at least 70+% of the items, my Pin Mastery is only in the 10% range though. I took a break off of the absolute hell that was Pantera Cantus and getting the last Darklit Planet pin, thankfully Mars has a huge drop rate compared to the others.

I've had it since launch.

Beer and Music
    lol i got it like a year later dude
    my noise list is 100%
    my pin mastery is 100%
    my secret report is 100%
    and my item list is aaalmost done, like 98.7 something like that
    ^^ and i reached the start lv..which i guess its lv.100. :(
    hey dude what type of deck do you use?

Right now I'm using the Darklit Planets but before that I was using a combination of the beams, those like Playmate Beam, and the melee pins like Yoshimitsu. Along with a cure drink.