Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: The God Debate

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    And then you derail the thread again. It seems like you should open (tho I doubt you will do it) another thread for the belief/existence of God. Because whats being argued isn't even the topic of the thread. Its amazing tho when I derail a thread I get grief but anyone else does it, its justified.

Going back to my old ways.
    I didn't even know what the thread was on about...I just chimed in...do whatever you want...

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    And then you derail the thread again. It seems like you should open (tho I doubt you will do it) another thread for the belief/existence of God. Because whats being argued isn't even the topic of the thread.
    Actually, that would be much better. I agree, the existence of God was never the point of this thread. The thread came in assuming the existence of God.

Anyway, the best suggestion I can give to the OP is ask your the seniors in your faith about it since, as I explained, the definition will differ from religion to religion. If it doesn't make any sense to you, you have the option to leave your faith and either find another closer to what you think makes sense, or live your life based on your own philosophy.

Well I am not going to be closing this thread any time soon, as another will just appear in a few weeks and I'll have too read the same stuff over again.

Also as NPG pointed out a few pages ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    I'm not entering this thread, but there is one thing I'll say:

Almost everyone here is confusing belief in god with belief in random religious dogma. Ofcourse you can sift through any organised religion and see a whole load of bullshit, but that has no impact on whether or not a god exists, only that their interpretation of a god is warped.
    The conversation has drifted far too many times in this direction and to be fair those who do not believe in god are more willing to add their views to the thread and out number those who do believe and are willing to add their views.

What would actually help this thread is if members who have not posted in this thread or the previous 2 similar threads, where able to add their views and interpretations of god and not have to worry about getting their comments dissected by those who are able to make their point more clearly due to having a better grasp of the english language or are further along in their academic life.

I will also say that there have been some poor choice of words on the part of a few involved in this, we'll call it debate, that has just amounted to simple name calling and petty comments.

I wish to see this thread continue for sometime, and would like it to have a less intimidating feel, the comment in the title alone implies that if your religious your a fanatic. On the other hand I know its a touchy subject and I do not want anyone too feel they can't actually make a comment purely on the idea that their view is a little intimidating. I have looked at a few other forums god debate and they do not give off the same vibe (you know what I mean) as here.

So lets remember to enjoy ourselves and respect others, and please read the comments fully before adding your own posts.

I see some religions(no matter how corrupt they are) help set morals,and better ways to live life. People are always looking at the bad sides of it all, and never stop to notice the good that have come out of it.

if you believe in a certain god, and you're in a bad situation. Then it's better to think that there's someone or something watching over you.

Decidedly Undecided
    *facepalm*

I, once again, am NOT debating the Christian God's existence, just questioning how he can be everything he's claimed to be.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi