Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The God Debate

*scrathes head* Are these discussions really needed. I mean, everyone has his/her opnion about this matter and will soon only disolve into flaming if you're not carefull about what you post.

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohanssj237 View Post
    *scrathes head* Are these discussions really needed. I mean, everyone has his/her opnion about this matter and will soon only disolve into flaming if you're not carefull about what you post.
    Im with you. Religion debates lead to nowhere.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

former mod
    Not wanting a debate? I see, you must be religious...

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    HOW can God claim to be Omnipotent AND Benevolent at the same time? I mean, if he's so all-powerful and well-meaning, why is there hunger, war, disease, crime, and corruption in the world? I asked my mother this, and she went into some ranbling rant about how God is all-powerful and well-meaning simplybecause that's how he is, and I as a human am not meant to understand it yet.
    Where does God claim this. Only puny humans who're trying to gain control over even punier humans are saying so, heck they even wrote a book about it. I have no problem with religious people, but the way it became an instrument for the already strong and mighty is just sickening me...

Anyway, buy me some letters of indulgence when you meet Jesus... actually, I need a lot of them, so buy all you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by zidane21ps View Post
    Not wanting a debate? I see, you must be religious...
    Yes I am religious, but thats beside the point. Even non-religious people can make the same statement as I did. The reason I'm saying this is, because some people cant be reasonable when it comes down to religion.

former mod
    Yes I am religious, but thats beside the point. Even non-religious people can make the same statement as I did. The reason I'm saying this is, because some people cant be reasonable when it comes down to religion.
    Indeed... wait, since when's religion reasonable again?

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    I wouldn't call it a lie, but a spread of ignorance.

I, for one, treat my religion as a philosophy, and as such it has served me well. I reject things that don't make any logical sense, and keep to heart those which do.

It's not like science disproves the existence of a god-like being, anyway. In-fact it does prove that there's Something out there, but it just doesn't match any of the gods that've been introduced so far, mainly because we haven't seen what It is, and we probably never will.
    You sound alot like me but I always refer to my religon as more of an understanding of how things work or at least my perception of how they do so it is always open to growth and change.

This is why religon fails its not open to change and growth through free thinking its all about laying down Dogma!

Thou shall not Think!

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by zidane21ps View Post
    Indeed... wait, since when's religion reasonable again?
    Indeed, thats why I'm saying threads of these kind are useless.

Banned
    It's not like science disproves the existence of a god-like being, anyway. In-fact it does prove that there's Something out there, but it just doesn't match any of the gods that've been introduced so far, mainly because we haven't seen what It is, and we probably never will.

I didn't say science disproves the idea of a higher being, to me it only disproves many of the bible's ideas on god.

As for the idea of religion, not god, I am against it.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Meh, derive from your question, an answering of your own choosing, religious minds have been doing it for centuries and to hell with what everyone else thinks, no matter how ludicrous and self centered your ideas and notions of the universe are
    Last edited by Wolverine; 06-13-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: No need for name calling

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Meh, derive from your question, an answering of your own choosing, religious minds have been doing it for centuries and to hell with what everyone else thinks, no matter how ludicrous and self centered your ideas and notions of the universe are
    he was just questioning his own faith. what is the harm in that?

religion involves a leap of faith in something. in religion, you believe in something despite the fact that it might be false or not. thats what faith is. despite what you hear from religous people, they all have doubts, everyone has doubts, its only human to do so. but they still believe, not because their parents did or that society tells them to, but because they have faith in the religion. even atheists must have just a tiny fraction of wondering, what if buddhism is real? there is no one with blind faith. people could get out of whatever religion--its not a cult or anything
    Last edited by Wolverine; 06-13-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: needed to changed the quote

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.