Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mos Def

5 35.71%
  • Jay-Z

9 64.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jio999 View Post
    well lets keep this civil lol kanyes early work is insane with the lyrics from his first two albums even his 808's was lyrical in a different matter charles hamilton a singer?? I urge you to do your research now on him and your right Black has no reason to believe he is any where near Jay-z's level once again I say that Black is not bad he is just not above the bar jay-z sets and I also think you are severly underestimating Young Jeezy listen to Thug motivation or Thuggin 101 he is a good ass lyricist just because he doesnt have the same flow doesnt mean he is bad. And calling GUCCI a bad rapper is border line ridiculous he did one song with soulja boy who I agree is terrible but again listen to some of his songs the man is ridicoulous with his rythmes but again Gucci wit jay-z is just a far off dream of mine.

ps sorry about the run on sentences ;p
    I didn't say Knye is bad, i actually like him but comparing him to Mos is somewhat ridiculous...even he knows that (lol). Im not underestimating Young Jeezy...at all, its just that he wouldn't survive when put against any of these guys. Gucci Mane? lol Mos has probably forgotten better lyrics than he'll ever think up. You keep ignoring the fact that MF DOOM and Nas are on Mos Def's team.

Sorry if i came accros kinda rude but your suggestions for Jay seem silly...i woulda taken it more seriously if you mentioned guys like Talib Kweli, Common, Raekwon etc... true lyricists.

The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams.
    "Reality is wrong, dreams are for real"

lol I understand I know about Raekwon Common and all them I just think that there are other lyricists that I think would be more interesting of a team to make and I know who Mos Def has on his side they are good but if we are talkin about people Jay could have better suggestions would be Serious Jones, Method and Redman and a bunch of others I still stand by my ideas though saying that young jeezy is out of their league is too laughable because he has great lyrics its just the context he puts them in is different from Mos def Ms Doom and all of them they are known as being lyricists but when you take time and listen to say jeezy or Gucci's lyrics when they are going all in then you get too see why I am comparing them. Kanye again he stands even in the rankings I have seen an 11minute cypha with him the game and charles hamilton where they all just completley kill it. I also like what Hand banana said on how Jay-z is more corporate now and Mos is defintley a lyrical Dude dont get me wrong I just think he falls short of Jay-z's best work.

Didn't you read the article? its not really about who's a good lyricist or not; its about who "The Greatest Rapper Alive" come on, understand the essence of this battle
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfPhLmt43g

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAU1w...eature=related

I watched the two videos and its just mos def talking shit. He and his squad are underestimating how good Jay-z himself not even any of his friends are, I mean notice in everything that the stronger person never talks shit and here is the proof jay-z isn't going out challenging Mos because he already knows he is better than him and Mos def is just using this whole battle as a means to promote his new album jay-z on the other hand doesnt need beef to sell records he just needs his skills

Its no beef, he said it.

I know he says its all love its just promotional for his album cause he needs the recognition

So basically you're saying jay z is a better emcee because he's more popular? oh, and do you agree that Jay-Z is the greatest rapper alive?

lyrically, the greatest rapper was Big L. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough material to be considered #1.

I wouldn't go with Pac being #1 either. I was actually never too high on him (or Biggie). I've always felt like they were over hyped to an immeasurable depth, due to their untimely end.

Nas is the best Top 40 act bar none, but Ras Kass has to be the best rapper in the game today period (Top 40 or not). I don't know why but I've always had a thing for So. Cal emcees (no homo - the appreciation is purely lyrical). He gets highly overlooked though, particularly due to his poor ear (has a horrible taste in beats).

Quote Originally Posted by spiro
    oh, and do you agree that Jay-Z is the greatest rapper alive?
    Lol

No im just saying that he is popular because he is good not the other way around

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spiro View Post
    Have any of you guys listened to Black on Both Sides? or Mos Def's new album, The Ecstatic? currently, in a head to head battle, Mos would slaughter Jay..and you guys obviously don't know that MF DOOM is on Mos' team.
    I will use this post to justify my vote for Mos Def.