• Jay-Z

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Battle of New-Orleans

Attention all Hip-Hop Fans!!!

I think this is shaping up to be very interesting

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/161.../mos_def.jhtml

who do you guys think would win?

The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams.
    "Reality is wrong, dreams are for real"

Jay-z hands down mos def is good wit the lyrics and all but when it comes down to it hove is on a different level!

this looks like gold for mtv....

anyway, jay-z for me, the verve, linkin park... all great bands that when mixed with jay-z they grow even bigger

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Gonna have to go with Jay-Z on this one ..

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Have any of you guys listened to Black on Both Sides? or Mos Def's new album, The Ecstatic? currently, in a head to head battle, Mos would slaughter Jay..and you guys obviously don't know that MF DOOM is on Mos' team.

Jay's team is handicapped with lil wayne. . .

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spiro View Post
    Have any of you guys listened to Black on Both Sides? or Mos Def's new album, The Ecstatic? currently, in a head to head battle, Mos would slaughter Jay..and you guys obviously don't know that MF DOOM is on Mos' team.
    I disagree Mos was alright on the ecstatic and Black to me is jus another rapper that thinks he is as good as Jay z or Kanye. On another note if Jay-z had to assemble four people from his corner to go head to head he IMO should bring Charles Hamilton, Kanye, wale, and either Gucci Mane( I know it would never happen) or Young Jeezy to go head up against Mos and his team

Quote Originally Posted by jio999 View Post
    I disagree Mos was alright on the ecstatic and Black to me is jus another rapper that thinks he is as good as Jay z or Kanye. On another note if Jay-z had to assemble four people from his corner to go head to head he IMO should bring Charles Hamilton, Kanye, wale, and either Gucci Mane( I know it would never happen) or Young Jeezy to go head up against Mos and his team
    Are you serious? your hiphop knowledge is verging on shallow. You're actually comparing Kanye to Mos...thats a joke and Black thinking he's as good as Jay? i have no words for that right there. Not even mentioning DOOM and Nas almost makes me want to say you dont know what you're talking about. Go and listen to mathematics and come back and tell me Kanye is better than Mos.

To make things easier for you, listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVZQdgVcqD8

EDIT: Charles Hamilton is a singer nd Young Jeezy? his name doesn't deserve to be mentioned here; its not that he's terrible but the guys in discussion are way out of his league. Gucci Mane? that guy raps with soulja boy.

well lets keep this civil lol kanyes early work is insane with the lyrics from his first two albums even his 808's was lyrical in a different matter charles hamilton a singer?? I urge you to do your research now on him and your right Black has no reason to believe he is any where near Jay-z's level once again I say that Black is not bad he is just not above the bar jay-z sets and I also think you are severly underestimating Young Jeezy listen to Thug motivation or Thuggin 101 he is a good ass lyricist just because he doesnt have the same flow doesnt mean he is bad. And calling GUCCI a bad rapper is border line ridiculous he did one song with soulja boy who I agree is terrible but again listen to some of his songs the man is ridicoulous with his rythmes but again Gucci wit jay-z is just a far off dream of mine.

ps sorry about the run on sentences ;p

I was gonna say posting before emotional debates. And then post my opinion, but I was too late.

As far as lyrical wise? Depends. They are two different rappers from two different backgrounds. Mos is more on the knowledgeable side. Usually putting spins to words and meanings and have a little hip hop in it. But trying to appeal to a newr rap audience his lyrics are all outdated.

Jay spits from the street while boasting about being a successful business man. Selling drugs while coming up to be the success that he is today. More corporate style if you will. But he does it so well it seems like hip hop.

Honestly this will boil down to who has the biggest fanbase. And since Jay has it most likely he will win it.