Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto's power?

Naruto's power?

I don't know about ya'll but I'm getting a bit confused/frustrated with the way kishimoto keeps saying Naruto has all this power. In the last chapter for instance Tsunade and Jiraiya discussed how he was "stuffed" with power. If he's so strong why is he always getting smacked around? This doesn't add up to me.
    My pants are on break right now.

Why do I like Naruto?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by placeboshotgun View Post
    I don't know about ya'll but I'm getting a bit confused/frustrated with the way kishimoto keeps saying Naruto has all this power. In the last chapter for instance Tsunade and Jiraiya discussed how he was "stuffed" with power. If he's so strong why is he always getting smacked around? This doesn't add up to me.
    he has quite massive power, but he isn't the brightest person around.. that's why

he has loads of power and stamina, but as gin0va stated he really aint the sharpest knife in the draw, i mean he is still dangerous, and he could probably be the biggest knife in the draw, but being dull, aint that dangerous lol

and we havent seen him rely on the skills he was taught over the timeskip, except his improved use of shadow clones and his tapping into the fox chakra more.
    and the "that" jutsu jiraiya was talking about. he has the power just needs some sense knocked into him
    How Crazy Can You Be
    To Build An Aquarium Under The Sea

Filled with Tiny Little Men
    All Captured and Some Are Dead

well in those times instead of thinking of a strategy he rushes into battle with anger. if hes calm and fightin hes kickin ass. 4 example when he beat kakuzu. he wasnt charging into battle. he thought of the best way to handle his buisness . its not that naruto is stupid because if you pay attention to almost all of his main fights he uses good strategies. his problem is his bad temper not his intellect. if he started to be calm in battle like sasuke hed be givin his enemies the buisness. naruto is not stupid in fact he is smarter than most of the ninja he just lets his feelings get in the way

Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

certainly, his "stupidity" would be something he shows to try to hide his pain of loneliness. sorta like how iruka would be the stupid jokester in class to mask his pain. yea, it was a pretty big theme in naruto.

anyways, naruto seems to have power in the sense of sheer amount of chakra stored. probably he just isnt efficient at using it. probably wastes a lot, can't control his access to it, etc

and he may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's certainly making improvements, i think. like gdupninja mentioned his use of strategies, he seems to use it more now. or at least in the kakuzu fight.

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock_alchemist View Post
    certainly, his "stupidity" would be something he shows to try to hide his pain of loneliness. sorta like how iruka would be the stupid jokester in class to mask his pain. yea, it was a pretty big theme in naruto.

anyways, naruto seems to have power in the sense of sheer amount of chakra stored. probably he just isnt efficient at using it. probably wastes a lot, can't control his access to it, etc

and he may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's certainly making improvements, i think. like gdupninja mentioned his use of strategies, he seems to use it more now. or at least in the kakuzu fight.
    not just kakuzu fight look at all his fights.
    kiba , neji and all his other fights he uses good strategy. he is not stupid! he puts on that prankster front to get attention. hes alot smarter than some of the ninjas in naruto.
    even thogh some stuff might slip passed him he notices things others dont. for example he says rock lee wears those bandages because his hands and knuckles are all bruised up so that makes him a person that trains alot. also he notices gaara has the same type of eyes he does.

I believe Naruto has MASS amounts of power, but he is still learning to control it and use it. As far as we know he didn't really have anybody to practice with when he was younger, before he became a ninja like many of the others did and still do. He has improved with training, especially with one on one training, which is probably just how he learns the best.

He is not stupid, but rather still very immature and very inexperienced in battle. With experience and mistakes comes knowledge and power. I think we will see his true powers soon...hopefully!
    ~Life is too short to live in fear so be who you want to be, don't let others tell you who you are~

Quote Originally Posted by firepanther View Post
    I believe Naruto has MASS amounts of power, but he is still learning to control it and use it. As far as we know he didn't really have anybody to practice with when he was younger, before he became a ninja like many of the others did and still do. He has improved with training, especially with one on one training, which is probably just how he learns the best.

He is not stupid, but rather still very immature and very inexperienced in battle. With experience and mistakes comes knowledge and power. I think we will see his true powers soon...hopefully!
    yes finally someone who agrees with me. kiba had his sister and mother. neji had his uncle and for a while his father. most of all the other konaha genin had their parents.
    naruto had no one and no clan whose scrolls he could read or anything like that.

While all that is true he still often gets his ass handed to him by ninja such as Itachi. In the last fight for instance he tried a strategy but it didn't work well at all if you notice, he was still hit with a genjutsu and dropped in a couple of moves. The way they talk about him you'd just expect more.

That's my point, Kakashi, Jiraiya, Tsunade, and even pein to an extent seem to recognize him as a powerful ninja but we still haven't seen any examples of him being as strong as they say. Any of his strong techniques have significant drawbacks and from what we've seen he has strong effective attacks, and weak ineffective attacks, but no mid-level attacks to use so in order to fight he has to basicly either kill himeslef slowly or destroy his arm.
    My pants are on break right now.

Why do I like Naruto?

Spoiler!

I'm still pretty convinced that Naruto has the biggest potential in the Naruto world. He learnt a Junin jutsu just by pure determination. If he manages to control that determination into all his training he will be unstopable
    Sup' kidz