View Poll Results: Protect Mangashare with Minimum Posts and/or Captchas ..... ASAP

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

10 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    alot more so I'd say. I think the site was kinda abandoned a while ago
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

My first post in awhile.
    Forget MS paulbee. It died a long time a ago. I am sure you remember I used to be a fairly frequent member. But I left when prttey much everyone else left, (Freakshow, Handbanna, Asce, etc. could go on forever really.)
    Your better off joining the forums at onemanga. Their community is far bigger than at MS.

Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    My first post in awhile.
    Forget MS paulbee. It died a long time a ago. I am sure you remember I used to be a fairly frequent member. But I left when prttey much everyone else left, (Freakshow, Handbanna, Asce, etc. could go on forever really.)
    Your better off joining the forums at onemanga. Their community is far bigger than at MS.
    Hey WiSeMaN,

I have been coming to MS since 2007 and have had many fun discussions with many others including Freakshow, Handbanana, Gameboy, and others. I am already a member of Onemanga since 2008 and use the same handle paulbee there too. I am a member of some other forums too.

Since all this time, I have had more fun at Mangashare, and I am just Totally Disappointed and Heartached by the current freefall of this site. For some reason, I don't want to give up on MS so easily and I want it to continue.

There is a chance that MS can Make it if some simple measures were taken. Currently I am having a really difficult time understanding why the Admins just won't protect this site. I think I will wait and see for a little longer, perhaps for another week or two.

This is really just too pathetic and saddening.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    My first post in awhile.
    Funny thing really, I joined this forum particularly because the active member count here was so small, it just seemed more fun to have a small group of people who know each other well, as supposed to a giant group like Onemanga. Its so big you didn't even notice the paulbee was already a part of it.

However, I must admit, this forums does need some cleaning up, and I wouldn't mind new members that weren't spam. If this forum goes under I'd probably join a smaller forum similar to this one. But only time will tell.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Funny thing really, I joined this forum particularly because the active member count here was so small, it just seemed more fun to have a small group of people who know each other well, as supposed to a giant group like Onemanga. Its so big you didn't even notice the paulbee was already a part of it.

However, I must admit, this forums does need some cleaning up, and I wouldn't mind new members that weren't spam. If this forum goes under I'd probably join a smaller forum similar to this one. But only time will tell.
    I am with you Aggeroff, I don't think I care too much for a MEGA-Site. I have been along time member at OM, but I don't use them very much.

Anyways, I am super elated to see that we now have a Capcha on the Join Page. Hopefully, that will discourage the relentless bombardment with Bot Spam, and the rest (human spammers), we members will be happy to assist the Mods in pointing them out.

I have made up my mind,without a doubt I am staying with Mangashare and I'm not going anywhere else.

Just Make Mine MangaShare

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Well, I particularly liked how clean the site was (ads? sheesh).

Also, there have been numerous quality posts/posters here which is what I value over popularity.

Mindf*cked
    Yeah...now you guys have to settle for noobs like me...

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    wow!!!!! not one single spam topic on the new posts section!!!!
    I can't honestly remember the last time this has happened
    Massive thanks to PaulBee for pushing so hard for capcha among other things.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

^Actually if you're up at the weirdest of times, (which sadly I am), you'll notice they seem to have patterns of times when they'll spam. Like Wednesday before new releases, Saturday morning and sometimes afternoons(I think since rarely that many people on at that time posters, or mods, admins), Sometimes Fridays, and sometimes Monday's. So there seems to be a slim days when you sometimes don't get any spamming.

Is there any way to block users without even 1 viable semi-recognizable word in their name? Even including many possible languages unknown words, or wrong spelling? Just looking at the currently active users, can usually tell which will be spamming later or already have from that alone. Pretty much any1 who picks a name no matter the uniqueness they might want to convey would 99.99% choose something with the smallest of recognizable words like art or Mr, ( except ironically a couple of the Global mods).
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy