Mojave Wasteland

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Didn't see any topics on this, i'm currently reading through this manga and while not totally blown away I think it's pretty good. Could do with a little less of Yuya freaking out every damn time someone gets attacked.

I really wish they would have waited a little longer to do the anime.

And the main reason I wanted to make this thread was the way the scanlators translated Benitora's special move.... had me laughing for a long time.
    Last edited by Shijima; 06-10-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    JAC Street - Gintama FC; Boredom Plains
    Hm....I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this already. I've paused reading SDK until more chapters are released. It reminded me of Rurouni Kenshin at first, but then it started taking a whole new turn and that made me more pleased. I agree with your assessment. It's a good manga, last chapter I read was 122.

To give a more detailed summary:

At the dawn of the 17th century, at the end of the era of civil wars, in a world of chaos, the epic Battle of Sekigahara was joined. One man emerged from the largest battle ever fought on Japanese soil; a terrible warrior of unspeakable power, he was nicknamed 'the unconquerable.'

Kyoshiro is a peaceful medicine peddler who harbors the soul of an assassin. He accompanies a young bounty hunter across Japan in search of a murderer and on a quest to discover the terrible secret of his own identity.
    (Source: Tokyopop)
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Germany, near Cologne
    read it up to 190. poor plot but fantastic art. i mostly just skipped through the pages until they fought again. the doublepages of kyo freaking out are just beautiful. see here:
    The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.