Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar

Star Wars: The Old Republic

So as some of us know Bioware is working on a new title. That title is Star Wars: The Old Republic. Now there's been a Star Wars MMO and that was good until they decided to make it like WoW. Bioware has realized this and has taken very careful steps to not be like WoW in any sense.

http://www.swtor.com/

Now the game is in the very early development stages. So far the things that have been confirmed are as follows:

Classes announced so far:
    Jedi
    Sith
    Bounty Hunter

Races announced so far:
    Human
    Kel Dor (Plo Koon's Race)
    Shaak Ti's Race (The name escapes me...)
    Zabrak

Worlds announced so far:
    Tython
    Coruscant
    Nal Hutta

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this game. This will be the first MMO in a great while that I actually feel will be worth my money. Things I have not mentioned above are a storyline for each individual class with choices that will change the allies you can recruit and characters you interact with and the highly likely inclusion of the d20 battle system. If anything think of the actual KoTOR games.....but online.

So who else is looking forward to this game? If you aren't then why?

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

So far this sounds pretty cool, could rank up there with that DC superheroes mmorpg that's being produced. So is this just for the computer, or is there a console release planned?

Senior Member Bringmethehorizon's Avatar
    Shit , This is awesome
    Last edited by Bringmethehorizon; 03-17-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. badguy View Post
    So far this sounds pretty cool, could rank up there with that DC superheroes mmorpg that's being produced. So is this just for the computer, or is there a console release planned?
    So far there is only a PC release planned. It's gonna be an MMO so I don't know how well it would fare on consoles.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO impossible :(

if its a MMO I won't be able to play it...my computer sucks and is not really able to handle any games these days (with technology updates everyday).

But I know Drew Karpyshyn is one of the writers for the game (the writer for KOTOR and author of the Darth Bane novels) and with him on board, its bound to be a good storyline.

What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own.

For those wondering about the story Bioware has released info about it. This is the first in a series of trailers that will explain the story behind The Old Republic. I gotta say this story is looking phenominal and it makes me want the game even more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47661.html

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

There's also a prelude to the main story that they are releasing in the form of a webcomic.

Enjoy: http://www.swtor.com/media/webcomic/

Finally after all this time we have this. The "Deceived" trailer that was shown at e3 yesterday.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49937

It is my firm belief that this trailer is better than anything Lucas has done since Return of the Jedi. The Old Republic will definitely be a must own and a game that actually deserves my $15 a month.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Wait, was that Malak? Will Revan be in this game?

I Love You!
    Spoiler!