Decidedly Undecided

Videogame Stories

As gamers, we all have some interesting stories to tell(most likely). Some hilarious, some so epic they give you a massive sense of accomplishment, and some still sad enough to make you shed a tear or two(believe me, I know a few people with this last one)...

1. I call this the Halo Hit-&-Run. Me, my brother, and my Uncle were playing the first Halo. We were playing free-for-all SLayer in Blood Gulch. My uncle was driving the Ghost, driving around while me and my brother kept trying to hit eachother with grenades and rifle shots(even though we heach had RPGs). I finally say "screw this" and move in for the kill. My brother sees me, whips himself out from the rock he's hiding behind, and I fire off a rifle shot, which makes him jump. What happens next, I swear to God I' not making this up...My uncle comes out of nowhere, using the rock as a launch pad and literally knocks my brother a good fifty feet. I've never laughed harder except for...

2. Hot Shots' Golf 3(demo):...This. I was at the last hole, and(knowing nothing about golf scoring) decided to take it one tap at a time. My one putt was literally on the rim of a sandtrap, and I tapped it. It went forward for a bit, then rolled backward, actually landing back in the sandtrap. My uncle is laughing so hard he actually falls off his seat.

I have more, I'll post 'em later.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

I got Mortal Kombateadly Alliance for the Gamecube. Got home only to find it wasn't working. So I go back to GAME and tell them the disc is faulty. They replace it. I get home and this one doesn't work. I take it back. They replace it again. Third time, same story. So this time they try it out at the store. The disc works. So I go home. I'm pretty pissed off because the shop I bought it from is a couple of miles from work and quite far from home so its quite a journey each time I need to return it.

So on this last occasion for some unknown reason I decide to let the disc run with no controllers plugged in.

IT WORKS!

Turns out Midway had an anti cheat mechanism to prevent players from using turbo controllers. I had mine plugged in all that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Last summer I had gone out of town by myself for a week,and when I came back I noticed that most of my video games were missing along with my ipod and my DS. Having little brothers and sisters my first thought was that they had messed with them. So I asked them,and they denied having touched anything. For months I kept getting on to them about it,and I looked over and over again around my house.

I then started to think that someone had somehow broken in to my house and taken them. My parents assured me that they were around somewhere. But I knew for sure that someone did take them. As time went by I had given up.

It wasn't until about 5 months later that my neighbor had come over to my house with his video camera. "Look at this" he said. And on video it should some kid walking into my house with a trash bag. And about 10 mins later walking out with it filled with my video games. I didn't know who the kid was,but when my mom had seen the vid she was sure she had seen him around my neighborhood before.

About a day later. my mom comes home from work,and drops a bag of stuff by me. I look in it,and a huge smile comes over my face. Out of fear that I would go over and confront the kid. My mom never told me where exactly he lived.

I got a couple:

1. $60 for The Matrix Reloaded?!: Several years ago, I took a trip to my local Gamestop. I was looking for my own, brand new copy of Devil May Cry 2. I saw it on the shelves there, and at this particular store, you grab the empty game cover, take it to the counter, and they'll give you a new, shrink-wrapped copy (to prevent theft). So that's what I did. The guy there opens the empty case, reaches into the drawer, grabs a CD, sticks it into the case, closes it, and places a "non-refundable if opened" sticker over the case ....

This was all very suspicious to me. I paid for it ($60 dollars). When I got to my car, I opened the case, and what was there? Yep you guessed it: The Matrix Reloaded! I stormed back into the store and complained. The manager then accused me of swapping the actual game for the movie when I left. I made a scene, and eventually got my money back. That was about 5 years ago. Haven't been to a Gamestop, EBGames, nor Babbages since.

2.) Saving Hyrule on Christmas: One of my most memorable gaming moments was receiving Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Christmas. I popped it in my N64 and stayed up all night playing it. It was just a magical game :O

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Here is a story, from almost 6 years ago:
    At that time I slept at my cousins place and we decided to play the game "Grandia" for PSX the whole night. And because he only had one PSX we decided to play in turns. We would switch every 2 hours. So he started a new game, and after 2 hours it was my turn to play, so he saved his game in the first slot of the memcard. Then I played 2 hours and when I wanted to save, I accidently saved my game over his, so he had to start his game over. Then, when my turn came I played again, and after 2 hours, I saved, Yeah you guessed right, over his game again. So in the end I made a progress of 4 hours, and he got nothing.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Banned
    One day me and my friends were playing Halo 3 (one of my least favorite games). I was, and still am, hilariously bad at Halo. Anyway, it was 3 on 1 and we (the team of 3) were down around 20 kills. At this point I had given up, so I just started firing the Spartan Laser for no apparent reason, now my friend randomly jumps...straight into the laser. We have made sure that he never lives it down.

Decidedly Undecided
    I have another one.

You know how in Meetal Gear Solid 1, where Psycho Mantis shows you his "phenomenal psychic abilities", he makes your controller vibrate? Well, my one controller had been acting glitchy all thay morning(the startlight going on and off, buttons not being responsive, that type of thing). So, I finally get to Mantis, and when it reaches the point where it goes controller-vibration part, my controller starts vibrating so bad it actually starts moving across the floor, and keeps moving until it reaches my brother, who freaked out and pretty much confessed to dropping a glass of water onto the controller. After that, the controller stopped glitching.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    I have another one.

You know how in Meetal Gear Solid 1, where Psycho Mantis shows you his "phenomenal psychic abilities", he makes your controller vibrate? Well, my one controller had been acting glitchy all thay morning(the startlight going on and off, buttons not being responsive, that type of thing). So, I finally get to Mantis, and when it reaches the point where it goes controller-vibration part, my controller starts vibrating so bad it actually starts moving across the floor, and keeps moving until it reaches my brother, who freaked out and pretty much confessed to dropping a glass of water onto the controller. After that, the controller stopped glitching.
    LOL! Your brother was pwned by a MGS-character.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!