Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsu View Post
    I simply stated my opinion about late term abortion mate.

    And I rarely read whole pages before I comment, so it's hard to notice what Binky said.

    As for the Doc. I really don't care, people die for less these days.
    And yet you were commenting about a girl being raped. If a girl really didn't want a baby coming from rape, she would have it aborted early, not late.

    As some people have pointed out in the other thread, late term abortion is dangerous for the health of the mother, and by then the baby is a separate human being. That's why even liberal countries like Germany have only a time period at the start of pregnancy were abortion is allowed.

  2. #22
    Philopolemicist Itsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norweh...
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    And yet you were commenting about a girl being raped. If a girl really didn't want a baby coming from rape, she would have it aborted early, not late.

    As some people have pointed out in the other thread, late term abortion is dangerous for the health of the mother, and by then the baby is a separate human being. That's why even liberal countries like Germany have only a time period at the start of pregnancy were abortion is allowed.
    Sigh... I actually wrote more than that, if you'd read it before you would have noticed I went a little deeper. Do you really think that abortion is the first thing the mother is thinking about? I even said that "I think there's options for this, but I'm not sure."
    - Perhaps this is different in your country, and we probably have completely polarized views for this case. But I'm not trying to be hostile, in any way. I'm open for other opinions as well, as long as they're not throwing it angrily at me, stating that "this is right, you are wrong."

    I'm not totally disagreeing with the fact that there's always an option of keeping the baby, of course. BUT, remember that 90% of the time the parent/s are thinking of what's best for both them and the baby. I doubt that they're doing it for fun.
    ಠ_ಠ

  3. #23
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsu View Post
    Sigh... I actually wrote more than that, if you'd read it before you would have noticed I went a little deeper. Do you really think that abortion is the first thing the mother is thinking about? I even said that "I think there's options for this, but I'm not sure."
    - Perhaps this is different in your country, and we probably have completely polarized views for this case. But I'm not trying to be hostile, in any way. I'm open for other opinions as well, as long as they're not throwing it angrily at me, stating that "this is right, you are wrong."

    I'm not totally disagreeing with the fact that there's always an option of keeping the baby, of course. BUT, remember that 90% of the time the parent/s are thinking of what's best for both them and the baby. I doubt that they're doing it for fun.
    If you're thinking about what's best for you and the baby, and abortion happens to be the only option, you wouldn't abort it so late in most circumstances. Which is what 'late term abortion' is.

  4. #24
    Philopolemicist Itsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norweh...
    Posts
    648
    That's exactly what I mean about -- as long as they're not throwing it angrily at me, stating that "this is right, you are wrong." --

    You're not getting me here... What if the mother got some kind of disease when she's around 7-8 months pregnant, the disease is fatal and incurable, and there's a large chance that the baby will get it as well. What would you do?

    Most of the time it's because something unexpected happens.

    I'm quite sure that they're not waiting to do the abortion just because they want to.

    I'm just saying what I feel about this, no need for that hostility mate...
    ಠ_ಠ

  5. #25
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsu View Post
    That's exactly what I mean about -- as long as they're not throwing it angrily at me, stating that "this is right, you are wrong." --

    You're not getting me here... What if the mother got some kind of disease when she's around 7-8 months pregnant, the disease is fatal and incurable, and there's a large chance that the baby will get it as well. What would you do?

    Most of the time it's because something unexpected happens.

    I'm quite sure that they're not waiting to do the abortion just because they want to.

    I'm just saying what I feel about this, no need for that hostility mate...
    That's why I said "in most cases", if you've bothered to read. That rarely happens enough for a single doctor to be notorious for doing it. Thus, the doctor must've been doing unnecessary late-term abortions.

    What hostility are you talking about?

  6. #26
    Philopolemicist Itsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norweh...
    Posts
    648
    Let's rest there P:
    With hostility I meant the sarcastic 'late term abortion'

    Anyways, you got your opinions, I got mine. : P
    ಠ_ಠ

  7. #27
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bwahaha
    Posts
    1,181
    This is very sad. I oppose abortions, and late term ones more, but this is going too far. You may be opposed to what he was doing, but it doesn't make it right murder him, right in front of his family and friends in a church! Geez, people these days.

  8. #28
    Philopolemicist Itsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norweh...
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by iseeandwitness View Post
    This is very sad. I oppose abortions, and late term ones more, but this is going too far. You may be opposed to what he was doing, but it doesn't make it right murder him, right in front of his family and friends in a church! Geez, people these days.
    Well, people kill each other over less these days.

    Some months ago, this young dude got stabbed to death by his friend over a bagatelle in a bar. In front of his family and friends.
    The world is a fucked up place.
    ಠ_ಠ

  9. #29
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsu View Post
    Well, people kill each other over less these days.

    Some months ago, this young dude got stabbed to death by his friend over a bagatelle in a bar. In front of his family and friends.
    The world is a fucked up place.
    Well, to be fair, the world has been more violent before.

    But yeah, it's sometimes alarming that you can just die for no reason at all.

  10. #30
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    This is a very difficult subject for many people myself included, because I am viscerally opposed to murder, yet I find what the Doctor has been doing viscerally disturbing.

    I'd like to invite comments from you readers as to how you feel about the incident, about the laws, and about Late term abortion.
    (EDIT: I have been gone to work all day and am only just catching up.)


    By stating this, I hope I am still within the bounds of MS rules. The reason I did so, was that I felt that this procedure exceeds the bounds of what most people think of abortion.

    There is also a Moral quandary worth discussing, that is, Is it right Morally to end a baby's life in order to save the baby from being born into what the Mother thinks is a horrible life.

    Case 1: Baby would be born deformed or afflicted with a horrible disease.

    Case 2
    : Baby is unwanted by Mother, or she fears being able to raise a child under very hard/harsh conditions

    A very interesting form of this question is this, if you could have persuaded Adolph Hitler's mother to abort him, would that have been a morally correct act?

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •