Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    well, condemning the doctor to death is plain stupid, because if they really felt like blaming someone, they should blame the parents who are responsible for the most part of it, the doctor was merely performing a service, he wasn't forcing the parents to abort. and thereby, it is undoubtedly a murder, the murderer should be prosecuted, and the those who are harassing the doc's family should be punished as well.

The guy did his job and provided services people apparently needed. So I don't think in any way he 'deserved' to get killed. I hope the murderer gets punished like any other criminal.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    He never deserved to be murdered. There's no justification for that at all.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    No, it should be this topic, because if it's not, I'll have to close the thread. We did the whole abortion thing all of a couple of months ago, as paulbee will know, as he was active in the thread, the result being that the thread was closed for its tone and due to user complaints after one, count it with me - one - day of activity. What new level of rational discourse have we achieved that will make this anything other than a rehash?

EDIT: Actually, gin posting about the very topic I'm whining about does make any attempts to pull rank on my part a little odd, so do as you all wish, but know that big brother is watching. Do try not to wreck the thread, gonnae?
    Don't worry comrade, there are many pairs of eyes keeping guard here.

I wish to move this thread forward, therefore I'd like to pose specific questions. I will do so a little at a time.

1) What is the responsibility of protest organizations to guard against their supporters breaking the Law.

2) In a country that is as polarised on many contentious topics, should Justices choose sides and force changes upon society that may be great for one side, but unbearable to another.

Bear in mind Barrak Obama has just appointed a new Justice to the Supreme Court.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    1) Why should the organization take responsibility for the dumb actions of one man? As long as they did not condone it and make tht clear...there is no 'responsibility'.

2) No
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Murder? I'm thinking more about the fucked up childhood the kid will get when he/she realizes you're not wanted by your parents. If they cannot afford to have you or when you become conscious of the fact that you was a mistake. How are you supposed to fathom this?
    - Yes, of course adoption is an option, but not everyone's mentally capable of giving birth just to give it away either.

Ok, imagine yourself as a girl - If you get pregnant from being raped, I doubt the next thing you're thinking about is "Oh, I don't want this baby, so I'll abort it."
    I'm pretty sure you'll have to strengthen yourself mentally before the idea will even cross your mind.
    - Though I believe there's an option for this, I'm not sure about it.

And what if something unexpected happen? What if they discovered some disease or syndrome that will cause the kid pain throughout the rest of it's life?
    - Personally I think that... If you get these syndromes, that...gives you "a normal life - only that you're bound to a wheelchair/bed/artificial lungs/heart" thing, what's the point? How can you possibly achieve contentment when the "world's" mocking you? I have diabetes and I live a somewhat normal life, but it's not like everyone else. There's always something lurking deep down in my brain - I'm not normal.

I don't see it as murder, I see it as a last resort to, for all one knows, save both sides from unwanted discomfort...
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Itsu View Post
    Murder? I'm thinking more about the fucked up childhood the kid will get when he/she realizes you're not wanted by your parents. If they cannot afford to have you or when you become conscious of the fact that you was a mistake. How are you supposed to fathom this?
    - Yes, of course adoption is an option, but not everyone's mentally capable of giving birth just to give it away either.

Ok, imagine yourself as a girl - If you get pregnant from being raped, I doubt the next thing you're thinking about is "Oh, I don't want this baby, so I'll abort it."
    I'm pretty sure you'll have to strengthen yourself mentally before the idea will even cross your mind.
    - Though I believe there's an option for this, I'm not sure about it.

And what if something unexpected happen? What if they discovered some disease or syndrome that will cause the kid pain throughout the rest of it's life?
    - Personally I think that... If you get these syndromes, that...gives you "a normal life - only that you're bound to a wheelchair/bed/artificial lungs/heart" thing, what's the point? How can you possibly achieve contentment when the "world's" mocking you? I have diabetes and I live a somewhat normal life, but it's not like everyone else. There's always something lurking deep down in my brain - I'm not normal.

I don't see it as murder, I see it as a last resort to, for all one knows, save both sides from unwanted discomfort...
    by murder we mean what's this topic all about, the murder of the doctor who performed the abortion, late term abortion...this thread isn't about what you think of abortion but about your opinion in what happened to the doctor O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    No, it should be this topic, because if it's not, I'll have to close the thread. We did the whole abortion thing all of a couple of months ago, as paulbee will know, as he was active in the thread, the result being that the thread was closed for its tone and due to user complaints after one, count it with me - one - day of activity. What new level of rational discourse have we achieved that will make this anything other than a rehash?

EDIT: Actually, gin posting about the very topic I'm whining about does make any attempts to pull rank on my part a little odd, so do as you all wish, but know that big brother is watching. Do try not to wreck the thread, gonnae?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

Bear in mind Barrak Obama has just appointed a new Justice to the Supreme Court.
    if she gets selected, i thought she is just replacing a judge that leans to the left..either way, the judicial branch would remain balanced

i read somewhere that dr.tiller was the only doc doing late term abortions for 'psychological' reasons on the mothers part. in other words, if the baby was deformed but not a health threat to the mother.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I'd like to invite comments from you readers as to how you feel about the incident, about the laws, and about Late term abortion.

Please, before you comment be sure that you truly understand what Late term abortion is.
    I simply stated my opinion about late term abortion mate.

And I rarely read whole pages before I comment, so it's hard to notice what Binky said.

As for the Doc. I really don't care, people die for less these days.
    ಠ_ಠ