Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    No i'm pretty sure that dragon is right. When you buy a new computer they are usually always loaded with programs like word. The only problem is unless you paid extra for the upgraded program its a trial. This usually costs about 100 dollars or so extra.
    I just bought an Asus laptop with the same problem. Now if you purchased the program or the package said word included then there should be a product key. Otherwise you're going to have to purchase Office.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    No i'm pretty sure that dragon is right. When you buy a new computer they are usually always loaded with programs like word. The only problem is unless you paid extra for the upgraded program its a trial. This usually costs about 100 dollars or so extra.
    I just bought an Asus laptop with the same problem. Now if you purchased the program or the package said word included then there should be a product key. Otherwise you're going to have to purchase Office.
    HP and Dell alike gives you the option when you purchase a laptop/pc to have the software installed. So if he didn't get it on a CD separately, then its on his system restore discs.

I guess it just depends cause he may have gotten a pre built laptop from a store. I bought an HP last year but I built mine on the HP website. I did not opt to have Office. When I got the computer word was installed, but it was a trial and it asked for a product key which i did not have. I thought this was the same problem he was having.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Dragon got it right.

Microsoft gives you "free" programs that elapse after an amount of time, or number of uses. You are expected to purchase the license from Microsoft if you wish to continue using the software.

Usually during the trial period, there is a box you can click that allows usage of the program until the trial period expires, after which the license is the only way to keep using it. On all my new computers, I usually uninstall every "free" item right away, from the start.

Fortunately, there is Open Office (google it). This will do most of the things Microsoft Office does. It is slower, but it's free (for real). Open office is able to rad and write to Microsoft formats like word and excel

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Dragon got it right.

Microsoft gives you "free" programs that elapse after an amount of time, or number of uses. You are expected to purchase the license from Microsoft if you wish to continue using the software.

Usually during the trial period, there is a box you can click that allows usage of the program until the trial period expires, after which the license is the only way to keep using it. On all my new computers, I usually uninstall every "free" item right away, from the start.

Fortunately, there is Open Office (google it). This will do most of the things Microsoft Office does. It is slower, but it's free (for real). Open office is able to rad and write to Microsoft formats like word and excel
    I wouldn't know what to do without it!

I would take Pauls advice and get yourself OpenOffice. It really has the most features of Word and is for free.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Open Office really doesn't have all the functionality of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Even Word 2007 is still not fully supported. On the other hand, if you're really not using those programs for their work, as I used to do, that really isn't a big concern.

Beer and Music
    thank you people it helped alot, i ended up doing what HB said and i got the key n such n it works now

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    thank you people it helped alot, i ended up doing what HB said and i got the key n such n it works now
    high five

Now I feel bad.