View Poll Results: Who did you vote for?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

3 37.50%
  • Kris Allen

5 62.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    All the Adam Lambert fans can take solace in the fact that he won't have "No Boundaries" as his first single. Perhaps America was just doing him a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Well the one thing bad about American Idol is that you get good shows on the same time slot cancelled (like what's going to happen to Life, I heard).

Also, there should be no text voting on "talent shows". Get good judges and just let them decide.

Although text voting is deemed necessary because of the way capitalism is designed.
    Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    They do that text voting so when America gets it wrong, America can only blame itself. Leaving everything in the judges hands will just lead to them being killed by rabid Idol fans when they screw up.
    No. Text voting (used on many of Simon Cowell's shows) are used to keep the audience involved/increase ratings. Although he calls it "giving back to the audience" the main reason is that being able to vote/influence the outcome increases the number of viewers for the show.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve3child View Post
    Thank you for owning this topic. Anyway my mom was telling me about this guy and the rumors about whether he was gay or not. From my POV, I saw a man who was afraid to come out of the closet which turned Idol into a dispute over Mr. Lambert's sexual preferences. On top of all this, I heard that the winner is a go-hard Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chaos View Post
    Thank you for owning this topic. Anyway my mom was telling me about this guy and the rumors about whether he was gay or not. From my POV, I saw a man who was afraid to come out of the closet which turned Idol into a dispute over Mr. Lambert's sexual preferences. On top of all this, I heard that the winner is a go-hard Christian.
    Adam wasn't exactly denying his sexuality...he wasn't outright admitting that he's gay but that doesn't mean he's a closeted homosexual, it just means that he didn't feel like it was relevant information. Which it's not.

But I mean, Kris really wasn't bad. I actually really liked him. Religion aside, I can see why his style of music appealed to more of America than Adam's. He wasn't as intense or as edgy and his voice is a little easier to listen to.

Yes, I did watch American Idol...I'm what's wrong with America, I am a mindless slave to the media.

It is relevant information because America thinks it is relevant. America is more accepting now but no way in hell would America stand for having a gay man as its #1 idol if the people in the bible belt have anything to say about it.

That being said Adam Lambert is an emo shit and like all emos and furries needs to be killed with fire.

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

Nobody is born with an "I am Gay" or "I am heterosexual" label on their heads. Sometimes I think people purposefully advertise their sexuality by adopting well practiced mannerisms. This is totally unnecessary.

Like I said before, I don't care and don't wanna know. In addition I typically don't do rumors, and generally don't wanna hear them either.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRei View Post
    A show for people with way to much time on their hands ~.~

(No offense to no one I just hate it, cause even if you don't watch it it seems like everyone is going to recap on it all year, and then the stupid shit starts again every year)

I don't like American Idol either but

1) I had no cable
    2)It was between American Idol, the weather channel, and PBS kids.

Enough said.

And whats up with all this bull about Americans? Just because I live in a country that had idiots win elections *BUSHcoughcoughAND O'REILLYcoughcough* and most of them don't care about what isn't going on in America doesn't mean people who watch the show are like that.
    Last edited by WaffleSupremeOverLord; 05-25-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve3child View Post
    I know that I'd have voted for Jigglypuff man.

Also @Waffle: Obviously PBS kids.