Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Karaoke?

Not while I'm actually watching anime, but if I know an opening/ending well enough I'll probably sing to it if the song comes on my iPod while I'm driving. That is where most of my singing happens lol.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I sing to anime songs. Almost all the time. The current songs I've been singing are Colors (Code Geass OP1) Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi (Gundam 00 S2 OP1) Don't Say "Lazy" (K-ON! ED) and Kuusou Rumba (Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP1). There are more songs I've sang considering my Zune is mostly anime music but that's what I've sung lately. ^_^

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Veteran Member
    Not really, especially since if I've seen an opening a few times I tend to skip it.

But I'm a fan of the Jrock band DOES and when I saw their song 「曇天」(Donten) was an opening for Gintama I ended up learning all the words and can now sing off by heart. :3

I tend to sing it a lot, especially in the shower or while I'm working, which sorta freaks people out when I'm scanning their items and singing at them in Japanese. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post
    Not really, especially since if I've seen an opening a few times I tend to skip it.

But I'm a fan of the Jrock band DOES and when I saw their song 「曇天」(Donten) was an opening for Gintama I ended up learning all the words and can now sing off by heart. :3

I tend to sing it a lot, especially in the shower or while I'm working, which sorta freaks people out when I'm scanning their items and singing at them in Japanese. XD
    I also sang a lot when I'm at work and the people didn't know which language that was, assuming I was singing Russian (my native language).
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Princess Of Britannia:) Mz. Lamperouge's Avatar
    Yea, I can't deny that I do...I learn a theme song after hearing at least one or two times so sometimes I catch myself singing along...my friends call me Asian because I know more J-pop songs than English (which is kinda exaggerating)...I also know all the words to the first Death Note opening and ending so I sing those the most^^

Two new stories on DeviantArt...spread the word around, I want different opinions^^
    http://mz-lamperouge.deviantart.com/

Senior Member *kinomoto_sakura*'s Avatar
    Thanks Kuroi! (Sorry for the long wait) So you're not the only one who sings Japanese songs and freaks people out. My family (except my lil' sis and my cousin), Taekwondo instructors and other people sorta freak out whenever I sings songs in Japanese. hehehe...
    ~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Karaoke is actually one aspects of fansubbing I can't stand, It dumbs the series down imho.
    There's absolutely no need for it, but some of these faggy typesetters see it fit to put a gay little sing-along at the beginning and end of every episode =.=

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Karaoke is actually one aspects of fansubbing I can't stand, It dumbs the series down imho.
    There's absolutely no need for it, but some of these faggy typesetters see it fit to put a gay little sing-along at the beginning and end of every episode =.=
    One reason is because the Japanese shows also have the lyrics written down on them. It wouldn't feel Japanese at all to me if there were no karaoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Yes, some fansubbers paint all over a beautiful piece of work and makes it look gay. [/sarcasm]

Well it's not too bad, until 1/3 of the screen is covered in text (that looks awful too). Only time I wish there weren't any karaoke on the OP/ED is when I want to take a screenshot but the text keeps getting in my way. /wrist
    YAMAMOTO FTW?

Yeah, there are awful fansubs... But if you're looking for a good text-free screenshot, you're better off using raws anyway. It's pretty easy to find one nowadays, unlike a few years ago.